Book notes: Penn Jillette stops at Anderson's
• Naperville native Andrea Beaty reads from and signs copies of her new children's book, "Rosie Revere, Engineer," at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 3, at Anderson's Bookshop at 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Meet Penn Jillette, part of the Emmy Award-winning magic duo Penn & Teller and author of the book "Every Day is an Atheist Holiday," as he reads from and signs copies of his book at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4, at Anderson's Bookshop at 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• New York Times best-selling author and historian Thomas Cahill discusses and signs copies of his book "Heretics and Heroes: How Renaissance Artists and Reformation Priests Created Our World" at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6, at the Vernon Area Public Library District, 300 Olde Half Day Road, Lincolnshire. Free admission. Copies of the book will be available for purchase. Register online at vapld.info or call (224) 543-1485.
• Joel Osteen, The New York Times best-selling author and the pastor of America's largest church, Lakewood Church, signs copies of his new best-seller, "Break Out!," at noon Tuesday, Nov. 5, at Books-A-Million, 144 S. Clark St., Chicago. (312) 857-0613 or booksamillion.com.
• Theresa Schwegel signs copies of her new novel, "The Good Boy," at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5, at Read Between the Lynes, 129 W. Van Buren St., Woodstock, (815) 206-5867 or readbetweenthelynes.com. Schwegel will also be on hand to sign her book at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6, at the Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka, (847) 446-8800 or thebookstall.com, and at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8, at Anderson's Bookshop, 5112 Main St., Downers Grove, (630) 963-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Rich Cohen reads from and signs copies of his new book, "Monsters: The 1985 Chicago Bears and the Wild Heart of Football," at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6, at Anderson's Two Doors East at 111 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
— Laura Milbrath Stewart
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close