Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Ray Ramirez, 19, of the 600 block of Keep Avenue, Elgin, was arrested around 1:35 a.m. Oct. 27 at Chase Avenue and David Court and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Nov. 27.
• Demetrios G. Theodospoulos, 23, of the 300 block of Newport Lane, Bartlett, was arrested around 2:20 a.m. Oct. 24 at Schick Road and Route 59 and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Nov. 27.
• Manuel A. Caballero, 21, of the 1400 block of Birch Lane, South Elgin, was arrested around 1 p.m. Oct. 24 at Sterns Road and Brewster Creek and charged with traffic violations and possession of drug paraphernalia. His court date is Nov. 19.
• A vandal hurled a rock around 11:45 a.m. Oct. 27 that smashed the windshield and scratched the hood on a vehicle on the 200 block of Pleasant Drive. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Vandals hurled pumpkins around 1 p.m. Oct. 26 that destroyed five mailboxes on the 300 block of Wentworth Lane. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Two men renting a room at Crest Motel, 300 block of East Lake Street, burned the carpet between the two beds and burned the light bulb to the lamp. Damage was estimated at $750.
• Brandon D. Bratcher, 18, of the 900 block of West Bryn Mawr, Roselle, was arrested around 7 p.m. Oct. 29 on the 7500 block of Bristol and charged with criminal trespass to property.
• Daniel Kim, 20, of the 700 block of Haddam Way, Hanover Park, was arrested around 6:30 p.m. Oct. 27 at Menards, 7435 Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft.
• Thomas L. Nichols, 43, of the 1100 block of Westfield, Schaumburg, was arrested around 2:10 p.m. Oct. 26 at Menards, 7435 Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft.
• Jose J. Hernandez, 20, of the 2300 block of Glendale Terrace, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7:30 p.m. Oct. 25 on the 2500 block of Mark Thomas and charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Thieves stole personal property valued over $500 out of a man's locker at LA Fitness, 7650 Barrington Road, around 10 a. m. Oct. 28.
• An unknown shoplifter ran from Walgreens, 7350 Barrington Road, around 1 p.m. Oct. 26 with undisclosed items.
• Two offenders stole copper wire valued at $609 around 1 p.m. Oct. 25 from Menards, 7435 Barrington Road.
• Vandals wrote graffiti on four buildings around 1 a.m. Oct. 25 on the 2000 block of Narcissus.
• Steven G. Kelly, 29, of the 1500 block of Silver Lane, Palatine, was arrested around 12:48 p.m. Oct. 17 at Walmart, Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him take two bottles of tequila, T-shirts, tank tops, boxer shorts, socks and girls underwear. Value was estimated at $143. His court date is Nov. 15.
• Thieves stole a man's wallet valued at $115 around noon Oct. 15 after he left it on a counter in the Social Security Office, 705 N. Wheeling Road. Someone used a credit card in the wallet to make purchases at two McDonald's restaurants in Mount Prospect and Palatine, at a Mobil gas station in Arlington Heights, and at a Wendys restaurant in Arlington Heights between 12:26 and 12:54 p.m. Value was estimated at $235.
• Vandals punctured the rear driver's-side tire and scratched the rear quarter panel above the tire on a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe between 10:30 p.m. Oct. 20 and 8:30 a.m. Oct. 21 in an apartment lot on the 1100 block of Boxwood Drive. Damage was estimated at $680.
• Thieves stole a men's maroon bicycle valued at $25 parked unlocked between 11 a.m. and 9:15 p.m. Oct. 22 in the village hall parking deck, 10 S. Emerson.
• Kapria Barns, 19, of the 5100 block of West Fulton, Chicago, and Wendie S. Baker, 20, of the 3300 block of West Madison Street, Chicago, were arrested around 3:55 p.m. Oct. 17 at Sephora in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw them take cosmetics. Their court date is Nov. 26.
• John Thomas Bradford, 49, of the 0-100 block of Marble Hill Court, Schaumburg, was arrested around 4:35 p.m. Oct. 19 at Dominick's, 1293 E. Higgins Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw him take various food items. His court date is Nov. 21.
• Kaya Shonte Washington, 24, of the 3000 block of West Flournoy, Chicago, was arrested around 1:15 p.m. Oct. 17 at Gilly Hicks in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft and criminal damage to property. Reports said a security agent saw her take miscellaneous clothing items and damage them by ripping off the security sensors. Her court date is Nov. 26.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close