• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Trevares Collins, 26, of the 100 block of East Lincoln Avenue, Barrington, was arrested Oct. 10 at Hart Road and Route 14 and charged with possession of marijuana, DUI, disobeying a traffic control light and failure to notify the secretary of state of his change of address. His court date is Oct. 31.
• Kaitlyn Appelhans, 22, of the 500 block of Greenview Lane, Wheeling, was arrested Oct. 10 on the 500 block of Lake Zurich Road and charged with possession of marijuana. Her adjudication hearing is set for Oct. 24.
• Burglars stole undisclosed items Oct. 16 out of an unlocked vehicle on the 100 block of West Northwest Highway.
• Thieves stole money Oct. 18 out of an employee's purse in a business at 718 W. Northwest Hwy.
• Burglars stole a wallet Oct. 18 out of an unlocked vehicle on the 200 block of South Hager Avenue.
• A Palatine resident was scammed out of $300 around Oct. 16 after the victim received a phone call and email from someone claiming to work for a satellite TV service. The caller offered two years of service with no monthly fee for a $300 upgrade fee. The resident sent a cash deposit into the offender's bank account. The victim later contacted the service provider directly and was informed there was no such promotion.
• Jordan T. Nichols, 29, of the 1900 block of North Hicks Road, Palatine, was arrested around 1:25 a.m. Oct. 18 at North Hicks and Northwest Highway and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, DUI, and traffic violations.
• Vandals damaged a mailbox and spread dog feces on the front sidewalk between 8 p.m. Oct. 18 and 7:30 a.m. Oct. 19 at a home on the 1300 block of North Park Avenue.
• Vandals hit the wood siding with a piece of firewood between 12:30 and 10 a.m. Oct. 19 on a home on the 0-100 block of North Linden Avenue.
• Vandals knocked over a parkway tree, causing it to snap just above its base, between 6 p.m. Oct. 18 and 7:30 a.m. Oct. 19.
• Thieves stole a woman's purse with cellphone, $50, cosmetics bag, day planner and sunglasses Oct. 16 after she left it in Walgreens, 805 W. Euclid Avenue.
• Thieves cut the lock between 7:10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Oct. 16 on a brown 15-speed bicycle valued at $280 and stole it from a bike rack at the Metra depot, 137 W. Wood St.