Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole a 1983 Chevrolet Caprice around 2 p.m. Oct. 18 out of an apartment lot on the 500 block of Deere Park Circle. Value was estimated at $10,000.
• A resident on the 500 block of Versailles Drive claimed that an employee of a moving company stole jewelry valued at $5,500 around 3 p.m. Oct. 23.
• Vandals damaged a Jeep Compass around 3:30 p.m. Oct. 20 on the 800 block of Kent Circle. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Frank Hardney, 33, of the 1200 block of San Simeon Drive, Hanover Park, was arrested around 8:50 p.m. Oct. 18 at Prospect and Devon avenues and charged with unlawful delivery of marijuana and failure to signal. His court date is Nov. 20.
• Five Hanover Park teenage boys, 15 and 16 years old, were arrested around 8:45 a.m. Oct. 23 on the 700 block of West Schick Road and charged with local ordinance criminal defacement of property. Their court date is Nov. 27.
• Jaxon Le Mans, 19, of the 300 block of Century Drive, Hampshire, was arrested around 10:10 a.m. Oct. 30 at Lake Street and Lambert Road and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Nov. 14.
• Vandals scratched the passenger's side and rear of a vehicle around 10 p.m. Oct. 23 on the 100 block of 11th Avenue. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Vandals damaged Halloween decorations and knocked a mailbox off its post around 12:05 a.m. Oct. 20 at a home on the 1400 block of Huntcliff Road. Damage was estimated at $120. During the same time, vandals damaged a mailbox on the 400 block of Snow Drift Circle and 400 block of Topaz Lane. Damage was estimated at $110.
Elk Grove Village
• Thieves stole a 1999 Stoughton semitrailer between 8 p.m. Oct. 15 and 8 a.m. Oct. 17 out of a lot at 2202 Greenleaf Ave. Value was estimated at $7,000.
• Burglars climbed through a basement window around 8:30 a.m. Oct. 18 at a home on the 700 block of Easton Lane, ransacked rooms and stole jewelry and money. Loss was estimated at $6,755.
• Thieves stole a 2001 International box truck between Oct. 18 and 21 out of a lot at 2001 Estes Ave. Value was estimated at $15,000.
• Cezary Klepacki, 50, of the 5800 block of West 76th Place, Burbank, was arrested around 4:10 p.m. Oct. 18 on the 2300 block of Greenleaf Avenue and charged with theft. His court date is Nov. 5.
• James M. Barber Jr., 38, of the 16500 block of Rutherford, Detroit, Mich., was arrested around 6:15 p.m. Oct. 23 on the 2900 block of Touhy Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is Dec. 6.
• Burglars broke into a 2005 Chevrolet box truck between Oct. 19 and 21 and stole the in-dash radio. Loss was estimated at $400.
• Two shoplifters stole beauty products valued at $1,900 around 1 p.m. Oct. 23 from a store at 7350 Barrington Road.
• Jarczyk Arkadiusz, 48, of the 500 block of Cumberland Trail, Roselle, was arrested around 12:40 p.m. Oct. 22 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft.
• Darren A. Williams, 46, of the 7400 block of Flower, Hanover Park, and Burhan M. Ebrahim, 32, of the 300 block of Jennifer, Roselle, were arrested around 6:58 p.m. Oct. 22 at Arlington and Lake streets. Williams was charged with no valid diver's license. Ebrahim was charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, and resisting.
• Daniel Shemroske, 24, of the 600 block of Timber Ridge Drive, Bartlett, was arrested around 3:30 a.m. Oct. 22 at Church and Lake streets and charged with possession of marijuana and driving while license suspended.
• Octavius M. Waiters, 23, of the 1800 block of McKool, Streamwood, was arrested around 11:05 p.m. Oct. 19 at Irving Park and Jensen roads and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Two men were robbed around 10:45 p.m. Oct. 19 while they walked in an apartment lot on the 600 block of Bode Circle. Two men in a black Mercedes SUV pulled up next to them. The driver pointed a small black automatic handgun at them; the passenger got out of the SUV and took a purple backpack, wallet, credit cards, and two cellphones from them. Both robbers appeared to be in their mid-20s.
• Two men vandalized three vehicles around 2 a.m. Oct. 21 in a restaurant lot at 2557 W. Golf Road. A restaurant security agent saw them kick a truck on the driver's side and scratch the hood. They damaged the driver's-side of a second vehicle and scratched the passenger's-side of a third one. They left in a silver Mitsubishi.
• A vandal hurled a rock between 2 and 4 a.m. Oct. 19 that broke a lower level window at a home on the 1900 block of Cheltenham Lane.
• A vandal kicked and dented a driver's-side door between 10:30 p.m. Oct. 19 and 9 a.m. Oct. 20 on a 2007 Toyota RAV4 in an apartment lot on the 1700 block of Robin Walk.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer valued at $800 between 8 p.m. Oct. 17 and 8 a.m. Oct. 18 out of an unlocked 2011 Toyota Highlander in a driveway on the 1500 block of Freeman Road.
• A vandal used a blunt instrument between 6 p.m. Oct. 16 and 7 a.m. Oct. 17 to break the wooden post and aluminum mailbox at a home on the 5000 block of Essington Lane. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Nicholas Ignatious Delgado, 24, of the 2700 block of West 37th Place, Chicago, was arrested around 9:15 a.m. Oct. 20 on the 1300 block of Kingsbury, Hanover Park, and charged with simple assault. Police reports said residents in a home on the 1100 block of Meadow Lane accused him of pounding on the front door and windows and yelling at the residents around 8:30 a.m. He left in a car but officers found him in Hanover Park, reports said. His court date is Dec. 3.
• Alexander Yoshi Chiga, 19, of the 1000 block of West Parker Drive, Schaumburg, was arrested around 7:30 p.m. Oct. 20 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft. Police reports said a security agent saw him take items including shirts whose value was estimated at $131. His court date s Nov. 25.
• Samuel L. Butler, 55, of the 400 block of Ann Street, Elgin, and Marcus M. Martin, 48, of the 700 block of West Liberty Street, Wheaton, were arrested around 8:25 a.m. Oct. 20 at Shales Parkway in Elgin. Police reports said a witness saw them take 1,050 pounds of scrap metal valued at $200 from a demolition site at 1400 W. Lake St. Officers stopped the pickup truck because it matched the description given by the witness. Their court date is Dec. 3.
• Sarah J. Dawson, 19, of the 5700 block of Fox Lake, McHenry, was arrested around 3:15 p.m. Oct. 18 at Target, 1001 S. Sutton Road, and charged with two counts of felony retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her take items valued at $436. An investigation indicated that she also had taken four speaker systems valued at $785 on Oct. 17, reports said.
• David Ramirez, 18, of the 2100 block of Sycamore Avenue, Hanover Park, was arrested around 11:50 p.m. Oct. 19 on the 200 block of Roma Jean Parkway and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia (marijuana grinder and digital scale), driving under the influence of drugs, possession/consumption of alcohol by a minor, failure to give signal, headlight violation, and illegal possession/transportation of alcohol. His court date is Dec. 3.
• Thieves stole a silver 2010 Toyota Highlander Oct. 18 from a driveway on the 0-100 block of Glendale Circle.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close