• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole a 1983 Chevrolet Caprice around 2 p.m. Oct. 18 out of an apartment lot on the 500 block of Deere Park Circle. Value was estimated at $10,000.
• A resident on the 500 block of Versailles Drive claimed that an employee of a moving company stole jewelry valued at $5,500 around 3 p.m. Oct. 23.
• Vandals damaged a Jeep Compass around 3:30 p.m. Oct. 20 on the 800 block of Kent Circle. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Frank Hardney, 33, of the 1200 block of San Simeon Drive, Hanover Park, was arrested around 8:50 p.m. Oct. 18 at Prospect and Devon avenues and charged with unlawful delivery of marijuana and failure to signal. His court date is Nov. 20.
• Five Hanover Park teenage boys, 15 and 16 years old, were arrested around 8:45 a.m. Oct. 23 on the 700 block of West Schick Road and charged with local ordinance criminal defacement of property. Their court date is Nov. 27.
• Jaxon Le Mans, 19, of the 300 block of Century Drive, Hampshire, was arrested around 10:10 a.m. Oct. 30 at Lake Street and Lambert Road and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Nov. 14.
• Vandals scratched the passenger's side and rear of a vehicle around 10 p.m. Oct. 23 on the 100 block of 11th Avenue. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Vandals damaged Halloween decorations and knocked a mailbox off its post around 12:05 a.m. Oct. 20 at a home on the 1400 block of Huntcliff Road. Damage was estimated at $120. During the same time, vandals damaged a mailbox on the 400 block of Snow Drift Circle and 400 block of Topaz Lane. Damage was estimated at $110.
Elk Grove Village
• Thieves stole a 1999 Stoughton semitrailer between 8 p.m. Oct. 15 and 8 a.m. Oct. 17 out of a lot at 2202 Greenleaf Ave. Value was estimated at $7,000.
• Burglars climbed through a basement window around 8:30 a.m. Oct. 18 at a home on the 700 block of Easton Lane, ransacked rooms and stole jewelry and money. Loss was estimated at $6,755.
• Thieves stole a 2001 International box truck between Oct. 18 and 21 out of a lot at 2001 Estes Ave. Value was estimated at $15,000.
• Cezary Klepacki, 50, of the 5800 block of West 76th Place, Burbank, was arrested around 4:10 p.m. Oct. 18 on the 2300 block of Greenleaf Avenue and charged with theft. His court date is Nov. 5.
• James M. Barber Jr., 38, of the 16500 block of Rutherford, Detroit, Mich., was arrested around 6:15 p.m. Oct. 23 on the 2900 block of Touhy Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is Dec. 6.
• Burglars broke into a 2005 Chevrolet box truck between Oct. 19 and 21 and stole the in-dash radio. Loss was estimated at $400.
• Two shoplifters stole beauty products valued at $1,900 around 1 p.m. Oct. 23 from a store at 7350 Barrington Road.
• Jarczyk Arkadiusz, 48, of the 500 block of Cumberland Trail, Roselle, was arrested around 12:40 p.m. Oct. 22 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft.
• Darren A. Williams, 46, of the 7400 block of Flower, Hanover Park, and Burhan M. Ebrahim, 32, of the 300 block of Jennifer, Roselle, were arrested around 6:58 p.m. Oct. 22 at Arlington and Lake streets. Williams was charged with no valid diver's license. Ebrahim was charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, and resisting.
• Daniel Shemroske, 24, of the 600 block of Timber Ridge Drive, Bartlett, was arrested around 3:30 a.m. Oct. 22 at Church and Lake streets and charged with possession of marijuana and driving while license suspended.
• Octavius M. Waiters, 23, of the 1800 block of McKool, Streamwood, was arrested around 11:05 p.m. Oct. 19 at Irving Park and Jensen roads and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Two men were robbed around 10:45 p.m. Oct. 19 while they walked in an apartment lot on the 600 block of Bode Circle. Two men in a black Mercedes SUV pulled up next to them. The driver pointed a small black automatic handgun at them; the passenger got out of the SUV and took a purple backpack, wallet, credit cards, and two cellphones from them. Both robbers appeared to be in their mid-20s.
• Two men vandalized three vehicles around 2 a.m. Oct. 21 in a restaurant lot at 2557 W. Golf Road. A restaurant security agent saw them kick a truck on the driver's side and scratch the hood. They damaged the driver's-side of a second vehicle and scratched the passenger's-side of a third one. They left in a silver Mitsubishi.
• A vandal hurled a rock between 2 and 4 a.m. Oct. 19 that broke a lower level window at a home on the 1900 block of Cheltenham Lane.
• A vandal kicked and dented a driver's-side door between 10:30 p.m. Oct. 19 and 9 a.m. Oct. 20 on a 2007 Toyota RAV4 in an apartment lot on the 1700 block of Robin Walk.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer valued at $800 between 8 p.m. Oct. 17 and 8 a.m. Oct. 18 out of an unlocked 2011 Toyota Highlander in a driveway on the 1500 block of Freeman Road.
• A vandal used a blunt instrument between 6 p.m. Oct. 16 and 7 a.m. Oct. 17 to break the wooden post and aluminum mailbox at a home on the 5000 block of Essington Lane. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Nicholas Ignatious Delgado, 24, of the 2700 block of West 37th Place, Chicago, was arrested around 9:15 a.m. Oct. 20 on the 1300 block of Kingsbury, Hanover Park, and charged with simple assault. Police reports said residents in a home on the 1100 block of Meadow Lane accused him of pounding on the front door and windows and yelling at the residents around 8:30 a.m. He left in a car but officers found him in Hanover Park, reports said. His court date is Dec. 3.
• Alexander Yoshi Chiga, 19, of the 1000 block of West Parker Drive, Schaumburg, was arrested around 7:30 p.m. Oct. 20 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft. Police reports said a security agent saw him take items including shirts whose value was estimated at $131. His court date s Nov. 25.
• Samuel L. Butler, 55, of the 400 block of Ann Street, Elgin, and Marcus M. Martin, 48, of the 700 block of West Liberty Street, Wheaton, were arrested around 8:25 a.m. Oct. 20 at Shales Parkway in Elgin. Police reports said a witness saw them take 1,050 pounds of scrap metal valued at $200 from a demolition site at 1400 W. Lake St. Officers stopped the pickup truck because it matched the description given by the witness. Their court date is Dec. 3.
• Sarah J. Dawson, 19, of the 5700 block of Fox Lake, McHenry, was arrested around 3:15 p.m. Oct. 18 at Target, 1001 S. Sutton Road, and charged with two counts of felony retail theft. Reports said a security agent saw her take items valued at $436. An investigation indicated that she also had taken four speaker systems valued at $785 on Oct. 17, reports said.
• David Ramirez, 18, of the 2100 block of Sycamore Avenue, Hanover Park, was arrested around 11:50 p.m. Oct. 19 on the 200 block of Roma Jean Parkway and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia (marijuana grinder and digital scale), driving under the influence of drugs, possession/consumption of alcohol by a minor, failure to give signal, headlight violation, and illegal possession/transportation of alcohol. His court date is Dec. 3.
• Thieves stole a silver 2010 Toyota Highlander Oct. 18 from a driveway on the 0-100 block of Glendale Circle.