• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Maurice A. Price, 24, of the 9900 block of Holly Lane, Des Plaines, was arrested around 8:14 p.m. Oct. 23 at Barclay and Aptakisic and charged with possession of marijuana and traffic violations.
• Everett Gregory Jr., 34, of the 800 block of Victory, Waukegan, was arrested around 2:05 a.m. Oct. 18 on Milwaukee and Busch and charged with unlawful possession of a weapon, DUI, and driving while driver's license suspended.
• Matthew W. Erlichman, 23, of the 100 block of Crestview, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 12:23 a.m. Oct. 23 on St. Mary's Road and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, DUI, no insurance, and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident.
• Thieves stole various undisclosed items between Sept. 27 and Oct. 20 out of a store at 1225 Dundee Road.
• Thieves stole a comforter between April 23 and Oct. 17 out of a locked storage locker on the 500 block of Aptakisic Road.
• Burglars stole undisclosed items between Oct. 14 and 15 out of a car on the 700 block of Weidner.
• Burglars stole a GPS and radar detector between Oct. 14 and 15 out of an unlocked vehicle in a driveway on the 600 block of Golfview.
• William C. Foley, 28, of the 200 block of Crestview, Wauconda, was arrested around 4:55 p.m. Oct. 15 at Prairie and Aptakisic and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and obstructed windshield.
• Burglars stole two rings between Oct. 9 and 10 out of an unlocked car on the 600 block of Hapsfield.
• Thieves stole a commercial air compressor between Oct. 11 and 14 from a work site at Aptakisic and Buffalo Grove roads.
• Dorien A. Smith, 19, of the 100 block of Haplin Drive, Des Plaines, was arrested Oct. 21 at his home and charged with theft. A male clerk at a kiosk in Joliet Mall placed his cellphone on the counter while fixing something in the stand around 8:47 a.m. The phone was gone at 9:15 a.m. when he reached for it. The Find My Phone application sent an audible alert signal to its location. Officers found the phone between the mattress and headboard on Smith's bed, reports said. His court date is Nov. 8.
• Burglars entered two unlocked cars inside an unlocked garage between 8 p.m. Oct. 22 and 5:20 a.m. Oct. 23 on the 1000 block of East Greenview Avenue and stole loose coins and a 5-gallon kerosene container with gas. Offenders also scratched the trunk lid on one of the vehicles. Loss was estimated at $300.
• Vandals slashed the rear passenger's-side tire on a GMC and punctured the sidewall on the rear driver's-side tire on a Jeep between 9 p.m. Oct. 22 and 7:50 a.m. Oct. 23 in a driveway on the 1100 block of Walter Avenue. Damage was estimated at $500. Vandals also punctured the rear passenger's-side tire on a Nissan in another driveway on the same block. Damage was estimated at $250.
• A man seen on a security video smashed the front glass door between 2:24 and 3:45 a.m. Oct. 23 at a restaurant, 1926 S. River Road, rummaged through the unlocked employee lockers, rifled through desk drawers and pried open a cash register drawer. Loss was estimated at $550.
• An offender shot a small caliber bullet into the outer pane of a bedroom window between midnight and 10:20 a.m. Oct. 23 at a home on the 1600 block of East Algonquin Road.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $900 between midnight and 1 a.m. Oct. 19 after the owner left it near a slot machine in Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road.
• Thieves stole a 2003 pewter-colored Saturn L300 sedan around 11 a.m. Oct. 21 out of a parking lot on the 2300 block of East Dempster Road.
• Thieves stole $200 between 9:30 a.m. Oct. 19 and 4:30 p.m. Oct. 21 out of an unlocked box in an unlocked cabinet behind the main desk area in a business at 150 River Road.
• Thieves stole a gray cellphone with a pink case and white headphones between 1:15 and 1:35 p.m. Oct. 22 out of a women's washroom at Maine West High School, 1755 S. Wolf Road. Value was estimated at $350.
• A man, approximately 50 years old, wearing a red jacket with a Ferrari emblem on the back, took a shopping cart full of alcoholic beverages between 6:15 and 6:40 p.m. Oct. 22 at Dominick's, 1555 S. Lee St. He loaded the bottles into a vehicle and drove away.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer, printer, and a cellphone charger between 3:30 p.m. Oct. 18 and 6:30 a.m. Oct. 21 out of an unlocked car in a driveway on the 700 block of Center Street. Value was estimated at $1,430.
•Thieves stole a life-size animated Leather Face Halloween decoration between 12:30 a.m. and noon Oct. 21 from the front porch at a home on the 1400 block of East Algonquin Road. Value was estimated at $300.
Burglars forced open the front door between 9 a.m. and 7:24 p.m. Oct. 21 at a home on the 700 block of West Oakton Street and stole a TV, laptop computer, diamond ring and cash. Loss was estimated at $2,650.
• Vandals used white, red and yellow spray paint between 6 p.m. Oct. 17 and 7 a.m. Oct. 18 to write on fences, shipping containers, trailers, buildings and a black Ford F750 dump truck in a railroad lot at 1099 E. Northwest Hwy. Damage was estimated at $2,300.
• Vandals used a blade between 10 and 11 p.m. Oct. 19 to cut two driver's-side tires on a Honda Accord on the 900 block of Walter Avenue. Damage was estimated at $260.
• Burglars stole the in-dash radio between midnight and 5:33 a.m. Oct. 20 out of an unlocked Chevrolet Cavalier in a lot on the 1100 block of South Holiday Lane. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole a pair of gray suede leather knee-high boots between 3:45 and 4:30 p.m. Oct. 17 after the owner left them under a bench in a locker room at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road. Value was estimated at $50.
• Thieves stole a cellphone and case around 10:45 p.m. Oct. 19 out of a stall in a women's washroom at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road. Value was estimated at $650.
• Thieves stole a red and chrome 2001 Yamaha R6 motorcycle between 11:45 a.m. and 10 p.m. Oct. 17 out of an apartment lot on the 1700 block of East Oakton Street.
• Thieves stole a blue 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier sedan between 11 p.m. Oct. 15 and 5:30 a.m. Oct. 17 on the 1800 block of Ash Street.
• Romuald Kanecki, 61, of the 400 block of South Bennett, Palatine, was arrested around 2:05 p.m. Oct. 16 at Menards, 740 E. Rand Road, and charged with local ordinance trespassing. He returned to Menards even though he was banned from the store on July 17 for a local ordinance retail theft charge, police reports said.
• A man pretending to be a valet parking attendant stole $1,153 out of a 2013 Volkswagen Passat between 1:45 and 5:45 p.m. Oct. 17 at the Northbrook Hilton Hotel, 2855 N. Milwaukee Ave. The driver gave the car keys to a man wearing a red vest; he gave the driver a white ticket. Management at the hotel later told the male driver their valet began working at 3:30 p.m., does not wear a red vest and gives drivers an orange ticket when they accept the car.
• Vandals broke the front and side window between 6 p.m. Oct. 15 and 5 a.m. Oct. 16 on a Caterpillar skid steer parked in a gas station lot at 1021 N. Rand Road. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• A man kicked the front door around 2:14 p.m. Oct. 17 at a home on the 1000 block of Sherwood after the offender rang the doorbell and the male resident did not answer it. The victim heard a loud thump and went to the door to investigate. He saw a man running from the house to a waiting black vehicle in the driveway with a second man behind the wheel. They sped away southbound on Sherwood.