Breaking News Bar
posted: 10/25/2013 9:13 PM

Gurnee resident returns home to fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A Gurnee resident who left her home only for an hour returned Friday afternoon to find it on fire, authorities said.

The fire at the two-story single-family home on the 400 block of St. Andrews Lane was reported to authorities by the homeowner at 12:50 p.m., according to Lt. David Douglass of the Gurnee Fire Department.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Douglass said the fire broke out in the kitchen, though it's unclear exactly how it started.

No one was home at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported.

The blaze caused an estimated $100,000 in damage to the building and $50,000 in losses to contents. The kitchen sustained heavy damage, and the basement had extensive water damage. There was also smoke damage throughout the house, Douglass said.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here