Traffic map
Article posted: 10/18/2013 4:38 PM

Wheaton house fire likely caused by cigarette

  • Article
text size: AAA
By Daily Herald report

A cigarette discarded outside a home on the 500 block of North Gary Avenue likely led to the Thursday afternoon blaze that damaged the house, Wheaton authorities said.

Firefighters arrived shortly after 3:20 p.m. and found a fire in the exterior wall of the attached front porch of the house.

Advertisement

The owner was home at the time, but no one was injured. Damage estimates are not yet available but the building remained habitable and was turned back over to the owner.

Comments ()
We are now using Facebook comments to offer a more inclusive, social and constructive discussion. Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.

This article filed under

Latest Video

MostViewed

Today
Yesterday
Most Commented
Top Jobs

    View all Top Jobs Place a job ad

    MarketsReport

    DHExtras

       
    • Newspaper next section - Newspaper next section Report card checker - report card checker
    • Dh innovation award 2 - Dh innovation award 2 Zillow /real estate page
    • Discuss refer On Guard series
    • Newspaper archives -- Monday or anyday Mike North

    FacebookActivity

    BusinessDirectory

    Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:

    Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.