• Volunteers are sought to assist with the 80th McDonald's Thanksgiving Parade set for 8 to 11 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 28, in downtown Chicago along State Street. The application deadline is Friday, Oct. 18. To apply, visit chicagofestivals.org/volunteer or call (312) 239-0457.
• Collaboraction is accepting script submissions of plays and devised theater pieces, as well as director applications, for its 14th annual SKETCHBOOK Festival, which runs from Wednesday, May 18, through Monday, June 9, 2014. The deadline is Sunday, Oct. 20. All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with SKETCHBOOK SUBMISSION in the subject line.
• PHYSICAL, a new festival of physical theater, is calling for proposals of high-quality physical theater pieces for its inaugural nine-day festival in Chicago at Links Hall as part of the Artistic Associate Program from July 11-19. Proposals should include a company bio, touring history, video of full performance, written description of performance, technical rider/touring needs and availability for festival dates. Submissions will be accepted via email or post. All electronic submissions should be sent to email@example.com, and all hard-copy submissions should be mailed to Theater Unspeakable, 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave. #374, Chicago, IL 60647. The deadline is Friday, Nov. 1.
• The Lyric Opera of Chicago has non-singing auditions for Mozart's "La Clemenza di Tito" on Thursday and
Friday, November 7 and 8, at the Civic Opera House, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Chicago. Eight physically fit men (plus one cover) are sought for "solo dancer" contracts. Men with martial arts experience and experience with sword technique are highly encouraged to attend, and acting experience is required. Dance experience is a plus, but not the emphasized skill set. Those auditioning should bring gym shoes and wear workout clothing. Walk-ins will not be seen. The deadline for registration is 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1. To RSVP, send a resume and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 827-3576.
• Bailiwick Chicago presents a 1920s-theme Chicago Casting Auction on Saturday, November 2, 2013, at the Dank Haus German American Cultural Center Grand Ballroom, 4740 N. Western Ave., Chicago. This fundraiser allows the general public to bid on the chance to perform in a musical, which is "The Drowsy Chaperone." The event also features live entertainment, a silent auction, delectable hors d'oeuvres, an open bar with signature cocktails and a professional photo booth. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the Live Auction begins at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for the Live Auction are $75 and available at castingauction.com.
-- Scott C. Morgan