Dominick's owner boosting its buyback by $2 billion
- Photos (1)
Grocery store operator Safeway, parent company of area Dominick's supermarkets, is boosting its stock repurchase program by $2 billion.
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Grocery store operator Safeway, parent company of area Dominick's supermarkets, is boosting its stock repurchase program by $2 billion.
Its stock gained nearly 5 percent in Friday premarket trading.
Safeway Inc. said Friday that it had about $800,000 remaining under its previously authorized buyback through the end of the third quarter. Last week the chain announced that it plans to exit the Chicago market by early next year. Safeway said that shedding its Dominick's stores will allow it to concentrate on its more profitable business.
The company has 1,406 stores in the U.S.
Its shares rose 99 cents, or 3 percent, to $34.37 in premarket trading shortly before the market open. Its shares have risen almost 82 percent this year.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close