Reflejos Publications was honored recently with several national awards during the 31st Annual National Association of Hispanic Publications Conference in Anaheim, Calif.
"We are very appreciative of this recognition from the NAHP. It shows that the passion for community commitment of Reflejos remains at forefront in all we do," said Linda Siete, Manager of Sales and Operations for the publication. "Like our name Reflejos/Reflections, we strive to reflect what is relevant as well as the many beautiful facets of influence that the Latino community represents."
The awards include:
• Gold Award for Outstanding Editorial Column: "Preventing Gangs Begins at Home," by Editor Marco Ortiz;
• Gold Award for Outstanding Special Edition: Financial Guide;
• Gold Award for Outstanding Front Page Design: "Faces," by Ana Hinkhouse;
• Silver Award for Outstanding Weekly Bilingual Publication over 30,000 in distribution;
• Bronze Award for Outstanding Special Section Design: Health & Wellness editions;
• Bronze Award for Outstanding Center Spread Design: "The Pope in Mexico."
"The awards once again signify that Reflejos is a competitor on a major scale," Siete said. "For 23 years it has been addressing many of the issues and lifestyle needs the community faces with a solution-based approach."
Reflejos is owned by Paddock Publications Inc., the parent company of the Daily Herald.
Founded in 1982 to promote Spanish language publications, the NAHP is a non-partisan trade advocacy organization representing the leading Spanish language publications, which boast a combined circulation of more than 23 million and serve 41 markets in 39 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.