CHICAGO -- A fifth man has been arrested and charged in connection with a shooting at a Chicago park last week that wounded 13 people, including a 3-year-old boy, police said Saturday.
David Logan, 22, of Chicago's Bridgeport neighborhood, was arrested Wednesday, according to a written statement released by the Chicago Police Department's Office of News Affairs.
Contact information ( * required )
He is charged with unlawful use of a weapon without a Firearm Owners Identification card as well as obstructing justice, the statement said.
Police spokesman Jose Estrada had no additional information to release on the suspect's alleged role in the attack at a park in the southwest side Back of the Yards neighborhood.
Logan was scheduled to appear in bond court Saturday afternoon.
Police have said the Sept. 19 attack was led by a gang member seeking revenge after being grazed in the leg hours earlier with a bullet fired by a member of a rival gang. Two gunmen -- one armed with an AK-47-style assault rifle and the other with a .22-caliber revolver -- fired into a crowd on a basketball court.
The wounded included several members of the rival gang, police have said. Bystanders were also hit, including 3-year-old Deonta Howard, who underwent several operations to repair the wounds to his head before being released from a hospital this week.
The other suspects in custody are Bryon Champ, 21, and Tabari Young, 22, who police say fired shots; Brad Jett, 22, who police say acted as a lookout; and Kewane Gatewood, 20, who police say supplied the assault rifle.
They are each charged with attempted murder and aggravated battery with a firearm. Their attorney has said the four men maintain they are innocent.
It was not immediately clear if Logan had an attorney yet.
Last week's attack again brought national attention to gang violence in Chicago.
In the city's latest violence, 10 people, including a 16-year-old boy, were wounded in shootings across the city at the start of the weekend, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.