Stars align for Arcada Theatre's fall lineup
- Photos (2)
An exploration of the Arcada Theatre's fall lineup will find a tribute to a king, a Bronx tale, a magician, a British rock legend and a princess turned jazz musician.
The fall season continues on Saturday, Sept. 28, with a show that mingles three international Elvis competition champions representing the "three faces" of Elvis. The season concludes with a series of Christmas-themed shows including notable appearances by Wynonna Judd and John Tesh. In between are several other big-name acts, including a couple of entertainers appearing in a fashion a bit different from what the general public may be used to.
Arcada Theater Fall Lineup:
• Sept. 28 - Three Faces of The King (Elvis tribute), tickets starting at $29
• Oct. 2 - Manhattan Short Film Festival, $10 for adults, $6 for students
• Oct. 4 - Arcada Cabaret with Roslyn Kind (younger sister of Barbara Streisand), general admission is $25 plus fees
• Oct. 5 - Molly Ringwald, tickets starting at $29
• Oct. 6 - Manhattan Short Film Festival, $10 for adults, $6 for students
• Oct. 11 - John Ford Coley & Terry Sylvester, tickets starting at $15
• Oct. 18 - BoDeans, tickets starting at $69
• Oct. 19 - UFO, tickets starting at $39
• Oct. 25 - 80's Halloween Party with Journey Recaptured starring Infinity, tickets starting at $19
• Oct. 26 - Lisa Marie Presley, tickets starting at $29 (post concert meet & greet for $100)
• Oct. 27 - The Amazing Kreskin's Search for Al Capone, tickets starting at $29
• Nov. 2 - Henhouse Prowlers (traditional bluegrass band), $25 for adults plus fee
• Nov. 8 - Los Lonely Boys, tickets starting at $69
• Nov. 15 - America, tickets starting at $59
• Nov. 16 - Gino Vannelli, tickets starting at $39 (post concert meet & greet for $65)
• Nov. 17 - The Robert Cray Band, tickets starting at $39
• Nov. 22 - Who's Who, tickets starting at $19
• Nov. 23 - Walk Like A Man Tribute to Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, tickets starting at $29
• Nov. 24 - Hot August Nights ... An Evening of Neil Diamond, tickets starting at $29
• Dec. 1 - Michael Bolton, tickets starting at $69
• Dec. 6 - Don McLean & Judy Collins, tickets starting at $49
• Dec. 7 - Jim Peterik & The Ideas of March Christmas Show, tickets starting at $39
• Dec. 8 - The Lettermen Christmas Show, tickets starting at $39
• Dec. 12 - Gary Hoey Christmas Special, tickets starting at $29
• Dec. 13 - Wynonna & The Big Noise: A Simpler Christmas, tickets starting at $45
• Dec. 14 - Trans Infinity Orchestra tribute to Trans Siberian, tickets starting at $29
• Dec. 16 - A John Tesh Christman, tickets starting at $39
Lisa Marie Presley, Los Lonely Boys and Michael Bolton will be among the biggest attractions at the theater this fall. But those looking to be entertained by one of their favorites, with a twist, can look forward to Chazz Palminteri and Molly Ringwald gracing the Arcada stage.
Palminteri will perform the one-man play that gained him his entry into Hollywood. Palminteri wrote "A Bronx Tale" in 1989 about a killing he saw in the Bronx when he was just 9 years old. He refused to sell the screenplay unless the buyer agreed to cast him as "Sonny." Palminteri has been a box office star ever since.
Likewise, Ringwald got her break in the 80s, and she hasn't turned her back on movie that made her a film icon. Ringwald recently released her first jazz album, "Except Sometimes." It includes her rendition of "Don't You (Forget About Me)," the best-known song off the soundtrack to The Breakfast Club. The movie famously dubbed her "the princess" in the final scene while becoming one of the films best associated with the generation that came of age in the 80s. Ringwald will appear with a full jazz quartet at the Arcada to perform songs from her debut album.
Tickets for all shows are available at the Arcada box office or online at: www.oshows.com
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close