Camcorder battery causes fire aboard airliner at O'Hare
An American Airlines flight from Chicago to St. Louis was forced to return to O'Hare International Airport after a camcorder battery caused a fire in an overhead compartment.
A Chicago Fire Department spokesman says the small fire aboard the MD80 was put out with hand-held fire extinguishers by members of the flight crew.
No injuries were reported in the incident late Thursday.
The aircraft returned to O'Hare around 8 p.m. Passengers were put aboard another aircraft and headed for St. Louis two hours later.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close