Broadway in Chicago announces spring 2014 season
As "The Book of Mormon" prepares to close its Chicago chapter, Broadway in Chicago has officially announced its spring 2014 season. The lineup includes:
• "Ghost The Musical" (Jan. 7-19, Oriental Theatre): A 2012 Broadway adaptation of the 1990 film featuring a score by Glen Ballard and Dave Stewart of Eurythmics fame.
• "Heartbeat of Home" (March 4-16, Oriental Theatre): A new music and dance spectacular by the producers and director of "Riverdance" exploring Irish, Latin and Afro-Cuban music and dance.
• "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" (March 18-30, Cadillac Palace Theatre): The Biblical musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice returns with Diana DeGarmo ("American Idol") as the Narrator and her husband, Broadway veteran Ace Young, in the title role.
• "Peter and the Starcatcher" (April 2-13, Bank of America Theatre): The five-time 2012 Tony Award-winning stage adaptation of Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson's novel presents a scenario on how Peter Pan became "The Boy Who Never Grew Up."
• "Motown The Musical" (April 22-July 13, Oriental Theatre): The hit 2013 Broadway musical follows the rise of music mogul Berry Gordy.
• "The Wizard of Oz" (April 30-May 11, Cadillac Palace Theatre): A national tour based on the recent London revival of the classic 1939 film with new songs by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber.
• "The Last Ship" (June 10-July 13, Bank of America Theatre): Pop star Sting collaborates with Tony Award-winning playwrights John Logan and Brian Yorkey for this world premiere Broadway-bound musical inspired by his childhood in England.
There are also off-season return engagements of "Chicago" (Feb. 22-March 2, Bank of America Theatre), "Rock of Ages" (March 11-16, Bank of America Theatre) and "Mamma Mia!" (May 13-18, Cadillac Palace Theatre). Subscriptions go on sale Friday, Oct. 11. Call (312) 977-1710 or visit broadwayinchicago.com.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close