• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Joseph Sisto, 51, of the 3100 block of Longwood Drive, Aurora, was arrested around 2:55 a.m. Sept. 12 on the 1100 block of Lake Street and charged with local ordinance fighting. His court date is Oct. 9.
• Michael G. Magnafichi, 51, of Bloomingdale Place, Bloomingdale, was arrested around 4:15 p.m. Sept. 12 on the 1100 block of Longford Road and charged with possession of a firearm by a felon and an outstanding warrant for failure to appear.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit valued at $300 around noon Sept. 18 out of an unlocked car on the 1600 block of Penny Lane.
• Offenders burglarized a home Sept. 13 on the 1800 block of Rizzi Lane.
• Vandals smashed the front passenger's-side window around 8 a.m. Sept. 13 on the 1600 block of Columbia Circle. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Vandals damaged three mailboxes Sept. 13 on the 1100 block of Foxboro Lane, 1100 block of Independence Drive, and 800 block of Dedham Lane. Damage was estimated at $240.
• Vandals smashed the front driver's-side window Sept. 13 on the 1300 block of Brandon Lane. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Vandals poured paint Sept. 12 over a vehicle in a driveway on the 200 block of Shawnee Circle.
• Burglars broke into a car around 11:50 p.m. Sept. 12 at Newport and Coral and stole a purse. Loss was estimated at $440.
• Dominique J. Johnson, 23, of the 1500 block of Thornfield, Roselle, was arrested around 8:10 p.m. Sept. 14 on the 7400 block of Briar and charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
• Thieves stole a bicycle around 5 p.m. Sept. 19 out of the front yard at a home on the 6900 block of Hemlock.
• Jaime Jimenez, 23, of the 1400 block of Bear Flag, Hanover Park, Fidel Romero Jr., 30, of the 700 block of Ridge, Streamwood, and Pablo V. Tavares, 24, of the 1300 block of Kingsbury, Hanover Park, were arrested around 7 p.m. Sept. 18 on the 200 block of East Lake in Bartlett. Jimenez was charged with possession of marijuana, a controlled substance, and drug equipment. Romero was charged with illegal contact with a gang member. Tavares was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Simon M. Muller, 21, of the 100 block of Briarwood, Streamwood, was arrested around 4:30 p.m. Sept. 17 on the 2000 block of Irving Park Road and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Christina A. Mercado, 22, of the 100 block of Hale, Bartlett, was arrested around 10:45 p.m. Sept. 16 at Greenbrook and Lake streets and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and driving while license revoked.
• Richard J. Johnson, 49, of the 0-100 block of Big Oaks, Streamwood, was arrested around 6:10 p.m. Sept. 13 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft.
• Bryan M. Sanchez, 27, of the 0-100 block of West Thorndale, Roselle, was arrested around 8:10 p.m. Sept. 13 on the 1000 block of Lake Street and charged with possession of a controlled substance and unlawful use of a weapon.
• Vandals broke garage and alley lights at five homes around 1 p.m. Sept. 15 on the 5500 block of Court G.
• Manuel Florin Dragan, 28, of the 2800 block of West Birchwood Avenue, Skokie, was arrested around 5 p.m. Sept. 16 at Walmart, 930 Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with retail theft after a security agent reported seeing him remove the packaging from eight video game controllers, hide the controllers in his black bag, and walk toward the exit doors. He dropped the bag when he saw the agent approach, the agent said. Value was estimated at $339. His court date is Oct. 25.
• Freddy Delgado, 18, of the 3000 block of Sunset Lane, Franklin Park, was arrested around 12:35 a.m. Sept. 14 on Busse Road near Algonquin Road and charged with local ordinances possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after the car he was in was stopped for traffic violations.
• Shannee M. Hawkins, 25, of the 3500 block of West Lexington, Chicago, was arrested around 10:30 a.m. Sept. 12 on the 1500 block of Dempster Street and charged with felony identity theft. Police accused Hawkins, a home health care provider, of using a debit card belonging to her client to pay a cellphone bill and to purchase supplies she needed for cosmetology school. Value was estimated at $125. Her court date is Oct. 17.
• Vandals used white and yellow markers, paint or crayon on three commercial signs and an electric box on the 600-900 blocks of Northwest Highway on an unknown date but discovered by an officer on patrol around 12:45 a.m. Sept. 17. Damage was estimated at $80.
• James Vincent Costabilo, 40, of the 900 block of North Patton Avenue, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 11 a.m. Sept. 2 in a fitness center lot, 1321 E. Golf Road, and charged with misdemeanor battery and criminal damage to property. According to witnesses, Costabilo and a male motorist argued in the parking lot because Costabilo, who was walking with his two young children, claimed the man was driving too fast. After the victim entered the fitness center, Costabilo broke the victim's driver's-side mirror, according to a witness, who entered the center and told the man about the damage to his car. The victim went out to the parking lot and was standing in the lane as Costabilo drove forward toward the victim. Reports said the man could not get out of the way and hopped up on Costabilo's hood, rolling across it and down the driver's side of the vehicle as it drove by. Costabilo stopped and phoned 911. A witness told officers he heard Costabilo's engine rev, the tires squeal and saw his car accelerate forward, striking the victim. The victim suffered a dislocated shoulder and scrapes on his elbows. He was able to pop his shoulder back into place and declined transport to the hospital.
• Eugene C. Cabana, 25, of the 1100 block of South Hough Street, Barrington, was arrested around 7:05 p.m. Sept. 6 at Kohl's, 410 E. Golf Road, and charged with battery. Reports said he intervened in an argument between two men around 2:50 p.m. Sept. 2 in the Kohl's parking lot and pushed one of the men in the chest. According to police, Cabana heard profanity and thought the victim was swearing in front of the other man's children. Police reports indicated that the man swearing was the children's father and not the man Cabana pushed. The victim initially did not file charges but changed his mind on Sept. 6. Cabana's court date is Oct. 9.
• Susanna Movsesyan, 43, of the 600 block of Weidner Road, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 7 p.m. Sept. 4 at Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after a security agent reported seeing her take two pairs of earrings from Lord & Taylor. Her court date is Oct. 18.
• Joseph M. Wieczorek, 27, of the 600 block of Nottingham Lane, Crystal Lake, was arrested around 5 p.m. Sept. 4 at GameStop, 1235 N. Roselle Road, and charged with theft. Reports said he created eight fraudulent returns. His court date is Oct. 2.
• Cari L. Cinquegrani, 49, of the 4800 block of Alexandra Court, Rolling Meadows, was arrested around 7 p.m. Sept. 13 at Sephora in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after a security agent reported seeing her take a cosmetic item. Her court date is Oct. 23.
• Fatima Gagkueva, 25, of the 10000 block of Linda Lane, Des Plaines, was arrested around 3:30 p.m. Sept. 12 at Nordstrom Rack, 1520 E. Golf Road, and charged with retail theft after a security agent reported seeing her take a pair of red slippers. Her court date is Oct. 21.
• Usa Jirangboonkul, 34, of the 2100 block of Royal Boulevard, Elgin, was arrested around 2:30 p.m. Sept. 9 at Claires in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after a security agent reported seeing her take miscellaneous jewelry. Her court date is Oct. 23.