Breaking News Bar
updated: 9/19/2013 4:24 PM

Third man charged in Naperville Radio Shack robbery

hello
Success - Article sent! close
  • Jalin Parks

      Jalin Parks

  • Dennis Clark

      Dennis Clark

  • Christopher Nesbit

      Christopher Nesbit

 

A DuPage County judge set bail Thursday at $500,000 for a man charged as the getaway driver in last month's robbery of a Naperville Radio Shack.

Assistant State's Attorney Steve Knight said Jalin Parks, 19, had been on parole in a stolen vehicle case for "a whopping 74 days" when he teamed up with two other men to rob the store of more than $40,000 in cellphones.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Parks, of the 1100 block of East 83rd Street in Chicago, was charged with armed robbery after he was identified by a co-defendant. Authorities said he also matched witness descriptions given to police.

Dennis Clark, 23, and Christopher Nesbit, 44, both of Chicago, are accused of entering the Radio Shack at 1223 E. Ogden Ave. about 6:30 p.m. Aug. 12 and threatening two employees at gunpoint. The victims were locked in a bathroom but managed to escape and call 911 after the robbers fled, authorities said.

Knight said Parks drove the getaway vehicle, a Volvo, into Chicago and crashed it near 15th Street and Kolin Avenue. Police took Nesbit into custody at the scene. Nesbit and the victims identified Clark, who was subsequently arrested and implicated Parks, according to prosecutors.

In bond court, Knight told Judge Elizabeth Sexton that Parks was recently paroled after serving time for theft and possession of a stolen car.

"He was crime-free a whopping 74 days," Knight said.

Sexton set Parks' bail at $500,000. Nesbit and Clark, remained in the county jail on $500,000 bail each and are due back in court Oct. 7.

• Daily Herald staff writer Marie Wilson contributed to this report.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here