• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole a catalytic converter valued at $800 between 8:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. Sept. 13 from a 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier in a business lot at 717 W. Algonquin Road. Three additional catalytic converters were stolen from Chevrolet Cavaliers in the previous week.
• Vandals put an 8-inch dent on a mailbox between 2 and 7 p.m. Sept. 15 at a home on the 800 block of South Dryden Place. Damage was estimated at $75.
• A woman discovered Sept. 10 that someone crimpled the brake line on her 1993 Lexus SC300 causing the brakes to fail, and also broke the passenger's-side door handle. The car was parked in a condominium lot on the 100 block of East Lillian Avenue.
• Thieves stole quarters out of two washers and two dryers in a fourth-floor laundry room at an apartment building on the 3300 block of Carriageway Drive between Aug. 30 and Sept. 13.
• A juvenile, approximately 10 years old, tried to steal a bicycle from a first-floor porch at an apartment on the 4100 block of Bloomington Avenue around 4 p.m. Sept. 14. The male owner yelled at the boy to drop the bike, at which point he fled with three companions.
• Burglars lifted the screen and broke the kitchen window between 9 p.m. Sept. 12 and 6:15 p.m. Sept. 14 at a home on the 1100 block of South Vail Street and stole two jewelry boxes with several pieces of jewelry. Offenders also stole a chain saw and a six-pack of beer out of the garage.
• Enrique J. Gama-Giron, 38, of the 200 block of London, Wheeling, was arrested around 12:55 a.m. Sept. 7 on Dundee near Crofton and charged with possession of marijuana, DUI, no insurance, and traffic violations.
• Tricia M. Vasis, 42, of the 6000 block of Lucerne, Lake in the Hills, was arrested around 12:05 a.m. Sept. 2 and charged with theft. Police reports said she took a golf cart during Buffalo Grove Days.
• Thieves stole a cellphone between 4 and 6 p.m. Sept. 11 from a customer in a restaurant at 48 Raupp Blvd.
• Thieves stole jewelry between Aug. 26 and Sept. 10 out of a home on the 100 block of Old Oak.
• A motorist left a gas station around 7:10 a.m. Sept. 5 on the 1200 block of Arlington Heights Road without paying for gas valued at $65.
• Thieves stole several items between 3 and 11 p.m. Sept. 5 out of a purse on the 300 block of Hastings.
• Thieves removed a mailbox from its post Sept. 6 or 7 on the 400 block of Estates. Two additional incidents were reported in the same area.
• Vandals broke the passenger's-side mirror between 9 and 10:20 a.m. Sept. 8 on a vehicle in a lot at 601 Deerfield.
• Thieves stole several laminated business signs between Sept. 3 and 4 from the ground on the 1200 block of Dundee.
• Thieves stole the battery on a garage door keypad between Aug. 27 and 28 on the 800-900 block of Saybrook.
• Burglars broke into a car around 5:15 p.m. Aug. 28 on the 1300 block of North Barclay and stole a purse.
• Burglars broke into a 2009 Ford Flex wagon, 2007 GMC Denali SUV, and a 2013 Honda Pilot SUV between 11:40 and 11:58 a.m. Sept. 14 in the north parking lot at Melas Park, 1500 W. Central Road, and stole a purse out of each vehicle. Loss was estimated at $2,000.
• Burglars stole a cellphone, iPod, laptop computer and cash between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. Sept. 13 out of an unlocked 2012 Honda Civic in an apartment lot on the 1700 block of West Sable Lane. Value was estimated at $2,500. • Thieves stole three remote collars, a stray collar and two training collars between 2:30 and 9 p.m. Sept. 11 out of a locked cabinet at PetSmart, 101 E. Euclid Ave. Value was estimated at $960.
• Thieves stole a white 2000 Volvo semi-tractor truck, but left the attached trailer, between 5 p.m. Sept. 14 and 10 a.m. Sept. 15 out of a business lot at 290 W. Palatine Road. Value was estimated at $20,000.
• A vandal was seen dropping burning items into two Dumpsters around 3:45 a.m. Sept. 15 outside apartments on the 400 block of Inland Drive. Plastic covers were partially melted and insides of the Dumpsters were scorched. Damage was estimated at $100.