Junior Graham Brown of Palatine edged Jake Herb of Barrington for top individual honors, and the Pirates also won the meet 22-35 in Mid-Suburban League boys cross country on Thursday at Deer Grove East.
Brown finished in 14:55; Herb was second place at 15:05 with both of the top two well out in front.
Contact information ( * required )
Palatine's Argeni Bailon (15:34) and Emil Kozakiewicz (15:38) placed 3-4 for the 10-time defending conference champs. Barrington's Kurtis Monahan was fifth.
• Hersey d. Prospect: Hersey's David Rodriguez, Jack O'Neil, Matt Stadnicki and Grant Von Der Lippe delivered a 1-2-4-6 finish to help the Huskies past Prospect 20-38. Rodriguez, a junior, finished in 15:54.
Prospect's top result came from senior Blake Hallman, who was third in 16:09.
• Hoffman Estates d. Fremd: Senior Billy Thomas won in 15:31 to help the Hawks in a 26-29 victory at Barrington Ponds.
Fremd seniors Harry Winter and Nick Vucovich went 2-3, but Hoffman Estates got a fourth-place effort from Bryan Gamboa and had runners finish 6-7-8.
• Buffalo Grove d. Rolling Meadows: Steven Salvano led the way, winning in 15:58 as Buffalo Grove rolled to a 15-48 decision against Rolling Meadows.
The senior's sophomore brother Kevin was second in 16:07, and Jake Wenzel, Tom Cleary and Tripp Wallner rounded out the top five places for the Bison.
• Conant d. Schaumburg: James Janczy led a tightly-bunched Cougars pack in 17:46 as Conant had the top nine finishers in a 15-50 outcome.
• Wheeling d. Elk Grove: Elk Grove senior Mike Frintner finished first, but Wheeling's edge in depth equated to a 25-32 Wildcats win.
Wheeling junior Cole Dammeier was second, and the Wildcats had a 4-5-6 finish from Edwin Hernandez, Matt Hoffman and Edwin Arteaga.
Frintner's time was 16:48; senior Joey Kraemer was third in 16:55.