Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole exterior air conditioner parts valued at $60,000 outside a vacant building at 1061 Feehanville Drive between March 1 and Aug. 30.
• Krystian Lawreszuk, 20, of the 1800 block of West Palm Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 1:15 p.m. Aug. 30 at the police department, 112 E. Northwest Hwy., and charged with theft. Reports said he admitted taking a friend's silver bracelet valued at $275 from a cot in her apartment on the 1000 block of South Tamarack Drive Aug. 24. The victim found the bracelet by calling pawn shops. His court date is Oct. 3.
• Jose A. Jimenez, 49, of the 1200 block of East Canterbury Trail, Palatine, was arrested around 1:45 p.m. Sept. 2 at LA Fitness, 225 W. Rand Road, and charged with assault. A 49-year-old male employee told police that Jimenez physically threatened him. According to the victim, Jimenez had shoved him three months earlier in the fitness center and he was concerned that Jimenez might try to hurt him. A court date is Oct. 8.
• Angel Pineda, 19, of the 900 block of Boxwood Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 1 a.m. Sept. 5 on the 1100 block of Boxwood Drive and charged with possession of alcohol by a minor after officers on foot patrol saw him holding an open bottle of beer, reports said. His court date is Oct. 16.
• Burglars stole the lock from a men's locker at LA Fitness, 225 W. Rand Road, between 1:45 and 2:45 p.m. Sept. 5 and stole a cellphone and headphones out of the locker. Value was estimated at $460.
• Burglars broke into a 2009 Honda Accord between 7 p.m. Sept. 3 and 7 a.m. Sept. 4 in a business lot, 225 W. Rand Road, and stole a GPS unit and iTouch. Loss was estimated at $850. A similar burglary in the same parking lot took place between 2 and 2:55 p.m. Aug. 31, where burglars broke into a 2006 Honda Accord and stole a purse. On Aug. 30, burglars broke into a 2005 Volkswagen Beetle between 7:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. on the 700 block of West Rand Road and stole a purse.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close