No injuries in Palatine restaurant blaze
No one was injured in an early morning grease fire at Arby's Restaurant in Palatine, authorities said.
Palatine Fire Deputy Chief Bill Gabrenya said a neighboring business of the Arby's on 100 block of Northwest Highway saw smoke inside the building at 5 a.m. Monday morning.
Firefighters arrived at the scene and attacked the fire with a hose, putting out the blaze.
He said no one was at the business when the blaze ignited, and no firefighters were injured putting out the fire.
The business suffered minor damage, and it will remain closed Monday, Gabrenya added.
"Thankfully, the neighboring business was opening for business and spotted the fire quickly," he said. "We were able to get in there and get it out quick."
Health and fire inspectors remained on the scene early Monday.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close