• Between 7 p.m. Saturday and 11:40 a.m. Sunday someone smashed the rear window of a vehicle on the 300 block of South Jefferson Street.
• Someone stole a passport out of an unlocked vehicle on the 300 block of South Jefferson Street, it was reported to police at 5:09 p.m. Sunday.
• An unidentified man stole two pairs of Beats Mixer headphones from Target, 115 N. Randall Road, it was reported to police at 2:40 p.m. Saturday.
• Brittany C. Hughes, 21, of the 1200 block of East Wilson Street, Batavia, faces charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of cannabis, after police say they found two glass pipes and a piece of foil containing burned cannabis in her car at 9:08 p.m. Friday on the 1000 block of South Raddant Road, according to a police report. She was also charged with driving while her license was suspended, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, driving a vehicle with expired registration, and illegal transportation of alcohol.
• A person waited until Sept. 3 to report the theft of an engagement ring and two diamond-inlaid bands she had left on a sink last November at the Persinger Recreation Center, 3507 Kaneville Road. She told police she had returned to the center the same day she forgot the rings and hoped someone would turn them in.
• Someone drove a car and damaged 50 feet of wooden fence and bent a "No dumping No trespassing" sign on the 0N100 block of Pouley Road near Elburn between 5 p.m. Wednesday and 3 p.m. Thursday, according to a sheriff's report.
• John W. Beyer, 30, of the 6N800 block of Main Street Road, Kaneville, was charged with DUI and failure to reduce speed at 7:30 a.m. Sept. 3 after he rolled over his minivan on the 8S100 block of Granart Road near Big Rock, according to a sheriff's report. Authorities said they found beer cans inside and scattered around his vehicle. He was taken to a hospital for treatment, where a blood draw indicated his blood alcohol concentration was .216, according to the report.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close