A new and expanded lineup of events and activities will bring the "good old days" of family fun with friends and neighbors back to downtown Bartlett during the 4th Annual Bartlett Heritage Days, Friday-Sunday, Sept. 6-8.
Free trolley tours sponsored by the village take you through historic downtown Bartlett with costumed docents from the Bartlett Historical Society. Tours leave at noon, 1:30 p.m., 2:45 p.m. and 4 p.m. Free tickets can be obtained from the information table in the village hall parking lot, 228 S. Main St., from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Ticket holders should arrive 10 minutes before the tour, as empty seats will be filled with standbys five minutes before each tour. T-shirts and a 2013 button are for sale at the information table.
Contact information ( * required )
The Chamber of Commerce Heritage Days Carnival returns, up with the latest trends in food trucks, rides and bands at Leiseberg Park, 325 E. Devon Ave. Returning also to Bartlett Park, 102 N. Eastern Ave., are the Arts/Craft Fair, Pet Show by Four Paws, Animal Show by Bartlett Nature Center, Gazebo entertainment, and DuPage Valley Settlers Encampment.
Among the new events this year are:
• Model builders and supplies from the Legoland Discovery Center sponsored by Mathnasium of Bartlett in Bartlett Park
• A petting zoo added to pony rides from Indian Ridge Farms by Associated Bank
• A 140th birthday party for the Depot Museum
• "Old timey" contests and games at Banbury Fair and Bartlett Candy House
• Decorate a birdhouse contest by Arts in Bartlett
• Dog Day Afternoon at Bartlett Plaza with dog adoptions and family photos
• Randy Erwin, a wandering, singing, yodelin', rope trickin' cowboy
• Entertainers at Bartlett Park Gazebo and Banbury Fair stage
• Heritage Days buttons and T-shirts at the information table at village hall
• Arts on Oak, where artists line Oak Street and the Sisters of Fraternite Notre Dame sell pastries
• Inflatables and games, a flea market, classic car show, Yu-Gi-Oh!/Vanguard tournaments, art activities/face painting by Color My World Children's Art Studio, entertainment, and a Kiddy Train by Christ Community Church fills the core downtown with fun for the whole family.
A full schedule of events and locations is at www.bartlettheritagedays.com.