• Manuel Nunez, of the 2000 block of Glendale Terrace, Hanover Park, was charged Tuesday with theft, according to court records. Police responded to a report of a theft of a bicycle at Clock Tower Plaza and located Nunez with the bicycle a short time later. Nunez's bail was set at $5,000 in Kane County bond court Wednesday. His next court date is Sept. 9.
• Margarita B. Feliciano, 68, who is homeless, was charged Tuesday with criminal trespass after she showed up on the property of a convenience store in the 0-100 block of South State Street from which she is barred, according to a police report. Her bail was set at $3,500 and her next court date is Sept. 3.
• Victor F. Campos, of the 0-100 block of South State Street, Elgin, was charged with criminal trespass after he showed up on the Clock Tower Plaza property after being told by management he wasn't allowed there, according to a police report. His bail was set at $3,500 and his next court date is Sept. 3.
• Rafael R. Herrera, 21, of the 0-100 block of Hickory Drive, Carpentersville, was charged Tuesday with possession of a controlled substance and two counts of manufacturing/delivering a controlled substance, according to court records. Herrera was arrested within 1,000 feet of Fairway Park and had between 1 and 15 grams of cocaine, police said. His bail was set at $50,000 and his next court date is Sept. 5.
• A man reported being hit in the back of the head with a beer bottle and at least two times in the face at about 4 a.m. Sunday at a home near the intersection of Swanberg and Empire roads near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report. No immediate arrests were made.
• Two handicapped signs were damaged, along with a dog waste dispenser, at Poynor Park, 6N330 Swanberg Road, Campton Township, between 3 p.m. Friday and 7 a.m. Monday, according to a sheriff's report.
• A red Nissan Sentra was found overturned on its roof at 12:32 a.m. Wednesday at Swanberg and Empire roads near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report. All of its windows were broken and it had a 24-hour tow sticker on it from three days earlier. Deputies suspect a forklift was used to turn the vehicle over because there were no skid marks near the vehicle from a possible rollover.
• Copper pipes and two air conditioning units were reported stolen at 10 a.m. Monday from the Campton Township office, 43W870 Empire Road, according to a sheriff's report. The units cost $2,500 when originally installed.
• Joshua M. Stadie, 31, of the 1200 block of Meghan Drive, Algonquin, was charged with battery and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon at 10:58 p.m. Monday, according to a sheriff's report. He is accused of threatening a person with a knife in the 33W0-99 block of Richardson Road near East Dundee.