• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole a white 2005 Volvo truck and an attached white 2006 Wabash National trailer between 5:30 p.m. Aug. 24 and 6:20 a.m. Aug. 25 out of a business lot at 3311 N. Kennicott. Inside the trailer were 50 pallets of multivitamins valued at over $100,000.
• Victoria T. Knox, 29, of the 800 block of South 18th Street, Maywood, was arrested around 12:40 p.m. Aug. 23 at Bath and Body Works, 41 S. Evergreen Ave., and charged with retail theft after an employee said Knox hid 17 items in her purse. Value was estimated at $137. A second subject was released without charges when officers determined that she had not taken merchandise. A court date is Sept. 10.
• A thief placed two DeWalt drills valued at $218 each into a shopping cart at Lowe's Home Center, 990 W. Algonquin Road, about 5 p.m. Aug. 20, and then left without paying. Store security advised the same offender has stolen property from various stores, including ones located in Bolingbrook, Northbrook, Lincolnwood and Chicago. He was described as a white male, about 30 years old, six-foot tall, 190 pounds, short brown hair, unshaven, wearing a black polo shirt with slacks, driving a white GMC Yukon.
• Burglars shattered the rear driver-side door window on a black 2010 VW Jetta at the Arlington Park train station, 2121 W. Northwest Hwy., during the day on Aug. 26 and removed a Garmin GPS valued at $200 from the center console .
• Thieves defeated a lock at XSport Fitness, 960 W. Dundee Road, between 9:30 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. Aug. 25 and removed a black leather bi-fold wallet containing debit/credit cards, driver's license, Pace/Metra passes, $50 cash and a university ID.
• Thieves stole a wallet valued at $17 out of a customer's purse when she left it in a shopping cart at the Goodwill store, 1551 N. Dryden Ave., between 12:30 and 1:15 p.m. Aug. 16 but reported Aug. 23.
• Vandals put a long scratch around an entire 2013 Cadillac sedan in an apartment lot on the 1600 block of West Woods Drive between 11 a.m. Aug. 22 and 6:25 a.m. Aug. 23.
• Vandals broke the rear hatch window on a 2013 Lexus 200H hatchback in a lot at Bob Rohrman Lexus dealership, 1500 W. Dundee Road, around 2 a.m. Aug. 26.
• Burglars ransacked a 2009 Toyota Prius sedan between 12:30 and 2 a.m. Aug. 24 on the 0-100 block of South Waterman and took $90 out of a wallet in the car.
• Burglars entered two unlocked vehicles between 10 p.m. Aug. 23 and 6:30 a.m. Aug. 24 in a driveway on the 100 block of North Waterman. The offenders rifled through the glove boxes but nothing appeared to be missing.
• Burglars rifled through the glove box between 12:30 and 6:30 a.m. Aug. 24 in an unlocked 2008 Nissan Altima in a driveway on the 0-100 block of South Phelps but nothing appeared to be missing. A GPS on the windshield was not taken.
• A man stole a men's dark blue mountain bike valued at $150 between 8:40 and 8:45 a.m. Aug. 23 out of an open garage on the 1700 block of West Grove Street. The owner was sitting on his back patio when he saw a shadow at the garage. Thinking it was his neighbor, the man looked around and saw the thief ride away on the bike.
• Burglars stole a men's silver hybrid bicycle valued at $200 and a green bike between 7 and 9 p.m. Aug. 23 out of an open garage on the 1500 block of Plymouth Drive.
• Jonpaul L. Mease, 20, of the 500 block of West Main Street, Barrington, was arrested Aug. 14 on the 500 block of Lake Zurich Road and charged with attempted possession of a fraudulent driver's license. His court date is Sept. 13.
• Burglars stole undisclosed items Aug. 14 out of an unlocked vehicle in a driveway on the 700 block of Concord Lane.
• Burglars broke into a car Aug. 16 in a park district lot at 235 Lions Drive and stole a purse.