To celebrate and commemorate the many accomplishments and achievements of Kaneland graduates, Kaneland Community Unit School District #302 has formed the Kaneland Hall of Fame.
New Hall of Fame inductees will be honored at either an athletic contest during the 2013-2014 school year or during the month of May at one of our many end-of-year celebrations.
All community members, staff and friends of Kaneland are encouraged to nominate individuals or groups for one of the Hall of Fame categories. The categories include:
1. SERVICE--Kaneland High School graduates who have contributed significantly to their community, state or country and have been out of school for at least ten (10) years.
2. PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT--Kaneland graduates who have been honored or recognized by their college/university, profession or peers for their success and achievements and who have been out of school for at least ten (10) years.
3. EXTRA-CURRICULARS--Former extra-curricular participants in non-athletic or athletic activities who were recognized for excellence by their organization or team for at least two years. In addition, the participant(s) received honors in one or all of the following: All-Conference, -District, -Sectional, -State or -American. These nominees must have graduated from Kaneland High School and have been out of school for at least ten (10) years.
4. COMMITMENT--Past or present staff members who worked at Kaneland for a minimum of ten (10) years and who, through their employment at Kaneland, have demonstrated their deep commitment to Kaneland students, parents, and/or staff.
5. FRIEND OF KANELAND--Those who have given meritorious service to Kaneland and/or one or more of its schools for many years or have been a loyal friend to Kaneland and/or one or more of its schools. Kaneland staff members are not excluded from this category. However, nominations of Kaneland staff members in this category shall be for something other than what they achieved as an employee.
6. ATHLETIC TEAMWORK--A Kaneland High School team or organization that demonstrated outstanding achievement, which may include record status or state recognition, at least ten (10) years prior to selection.
7. INDIVIDUAL ATHLETIC ACHIEVEMENT -- Former athletic participants who were recognized for excellence by their organization or team. In addition, the participant(s) received honors in one or all of the following: All-Conference, -District, -Sectional, -State or --American. These nominees must have graduated from Kaneland High School and have been out of school for at least ten (10) years.
8. SPECIAL RECOGNITION.
Any member of the community, alumni or staff member can submit names for nomination to the committee. The submission deadline date is Dec. 1.
A nomination form can be obtained from Beth Sterkel in the Superintendent's Office at 630-365-5111, ext. 109 or on our website at www.kaneland.org/d302/hof. Individuals making nominations should send the nomination form, resume and/or biography of the individual or group and their achievements or contributions to:
Hall of Fame Committee
Kaneland CUSD #302
47W326 Keslinger Road
Maple Park, IL 60151