Breaking News Bar
updated: 8/22/2013 4:22 PM

Overheated fan prompts brief evacuation at Geneva High

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

An overheated fan caused smoke to enter a dance studio near the Mack Olson gym at Geneva High School, prompting a safe evacuation of students and staff at 2 p.m. Thursday, school officials said.

The students were allowed back inside the building at 2:30 p.m., just in time for 2:45 p.m. dismissal, said Kelley Munch, District 304 communications coordinator.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

A power outage caused the fan to overheat, which trigged a fire alarm, Munch said.

No injuries were reported and school officials said the evacuation went very smoothly.

"We're very thankful to everyone for their cooperation and we're returning to a normal school schedule (Friday)," she said.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.