These tools will create a more efficient kitchen while looking good, too.
• Williams-Sonoma Smart Tools for iPad sets, $199.95, Williams-Sonoma: Will display recipes for easy access, and it has speakers.
•Zeroll ice-cream scoop, $19.95, Williams-Sonoma: The handle contains heat-conductive liquid that warms up as you grab it so it's easier to scoop ice cream.
• Hobnail pitcher, $78, Anthropologie: Every kitchen should have a beautiful pitcher for afternoons on the porch.
• Cole & Mason Wood Electric Salt & Pepper Mills, $69.95, Williams-Sonoma: A beautiful set of electric salt and pepper mills to accent the dining table.
• Microplane grater, $14.95, Crate & Barrel: It perfectly zests citrus and grates hard cheese finer than any other tool we tried.
• De Buyer Viper dicing mandoline, $149.95, Williams-Sonoma: For clean and quick slicing of anything, including tomatoes.
• Salter lifestyle digital scale, $59.95, Williams-Sonoma: Baking requires precision. Salter is known for its accuracy, and this sleek glass scale is pretty too.