Breaking News Bar
posted: 8/16/2013 5:50 PM

Fire damages garage of Naperville home

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A fire in an attached garage Friday morning near Naperville was deemed to be caused by the improper disposal of smoking materials, authorities said.

Emergency crews from the Naperville Fire Department were called at 9:57 a.m. to the scene of a house fire at 28W556 Juanita Drive in an unincorporated area near Naperville's southwest side. A neighbor reported that black smoke was coming from the attached garage of the split level single-family home, according to a news release.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

When crews arrived eight minutes later, they alerted the homeowner to the fire, and the person was evacuated from the home, authorities said.

Fire department personnel extinguished the fire in about 20 minutes and were able to contain damage to the garage. There were no signs of the fire spreading to the house. An estimated $35,000 in damage was reported.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here