• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty. More blotter items are at dailyherald.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Vandals broke a 3-foot by 5-foot window and 2-foot by 3-foot window at a vacant first-floor apartment on the 900 block of East Shady Way around 12:40 a.m. Aug. 9. A witness heard a man and woman yelling and glass breaking, but officers did not find them. A landscape brick was found inside the apartment.
• Vandals put a 14-inch to 16-inch horizontal scratch on the rear passenger's-side door between 3 p.m. Aug. 8 and 10 a.m. Aug. 9 on a 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser in a driveway on the 1400 block of North Belmont. Two weeks earlier, vandals flattened four tires on vehicles in the same driveway.
• Vandals scratched a driver's-side fender and quarter panel between 6 p.m. Aug. 10 and 1 a.m. Aug. 11 on a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS in a village parking garage, 35 S. Evergreen.
• Thieves stole a girls' unlocked purple 24-inch bicycle between noon and 1 p.m. Aug. 8 in front of a home on the 1100 block of North Yale Avenue. Value was estimated at $100.
• A young boy took an unlocked gray and yellow dirt/trick bike from a driveway on the 4100 block of North Yale Avenue around 5:30 p.m. Aug. 8. The owner working in the backyard saw the boy with short dark blond hair ride his kid's bike away. Value was estimated at $150.
• Thieves stole a boys' blue BMX bike valued at $100 and a girls' maroon and black bicycle valued at $200 from the same driveway between 7 and 8 p.m. Aug. 8 at a home on the 1600 block of Canterbury.
• Thieves stole the license plate and two specialized silver screws resembling skeletons with red eyes and valued at $20 between 5 and 5:30 p.m. Aug. 8 from a 2008 Harley Davidson XL motorcycle at a home on the 2200 block of East George Street.
• Burglars stole a set of 20 keys on a key chain between 11 and 11:30 a.m. Aug. 9 out of an unlocked 2000 Kia Rio in the Arlington Park Metra lot, 2121 W. Northwest Hwy.
• A teenager placed snack food and candy in her clothing and left without paying about 3:15 p.m. Aug. 12 at the Marathon gas station at 102 W. Northwest Hwy.
• Vandals used black paint to write on utility boxes on the east side of an apartment building at 55 S. Vail Ave., on the northwest corner of Euclid Avenue at Ridge Avenue, and at Arlington Heights Road at Hawthorne Street between Aug. 6-12.
• Hector Cardona, 42, of the 1300 block of Fargo Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 9:08 p.m. Aug. 6 in his townhouse courtyard and charged with battery. Reports said he punched a male friend in the face while both were drinking. According to officers, Cardona was highly intoxicated, aggressive and hostile. He kicked an officer in the inner right thigh while in the police station, reports said. The male victim who was punched in the face was treated at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, reports said. A court date is 26.
• Mariusz Danowski, 32, of the 300 block of South Oak Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 10:30 p.m. Aug. 11 at Bob and Trish's New Beginnings Tavern, 1460 E. Rand Road, and charged with disorderly conduct. Reports said he verbally threatened a 50-year-old man across the bar. His court date is Aug. 30.
• Antoni Kieda, 45, of the 100 block of West Dover Drive, Des Plaines, was arrested around 8:10 p.m. Aug. 10 at his condominium and charged with battery. Report said he punched a male resident of the condo complex in the face. The victim told police Kieda went to his condo, called him names when he refused to drive Kieda to a casino, and punched him 20 times. He was treated at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge. A court date is Sept. 23.
• Steven Pena, 29, of the 800 block of Grove Avenue, Bensenville, was arrested around 9:55 p.m. Aug. 9 after a traffic stop on the 1800 block of East Touhy Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is Aug. 26.
• Burglars broke a combination lock between 4:30 and 7:05 p.m. Aug. 6 and stole $100 out of a wallet in a men's locker at the YMCA, 300 E. Northwest Hwy.
• Thieves stole a cellphone and case valued at $575 between 2 and 2:20 p.m. Aug. 12 from an AT&T technician who placed his phone on top of a phone-line box in a restaurant lot, 1051 S. Elmhurst Road, while he worked on wires at the base of the box. He discovered the phone missing when he stood up but did not see anyone take it.
• Larry Vega, 23, of the 0-100 block of Birch Trail, Wheeling, and Andre Arellano, 20, of the 0-100 block of Birch Trail, Wheeling, were arrested around 5 a.m. Aug. 9 near the Prospect Heights Metra depot on Wolf Road and each was charged with two counts felony burglary. Officers were called to the area of Basswood Lane and Euclid Avenue because witnesses had seen two men pulling on vehicle door handles. Officers found them in the Metra parking lot with items stolen from unlocked vehicles on the 1700 block of Azalea Place and the 1800 block of Basswood Lane and caught them when they tried to run away along the railroad tracks, reports said.
• Kurt M. Smentek, 45, of the 800 block of Valley Stream Drive, Wheeling, was arrested around 5 p.m. Aug. 2 at Dominick's, 1042 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with felony retail theft. A security agent told police he saw Smentek place merchandise valued at $44 into a plastic Dominick's shopping bag and leave without paying. The agent followed him into the parking lot where Smentek dropped the bag and fled north across Golf Road and west onto Sunset Road, reports said. The agent lost track of him and officers who were combing the area could not find him. A short time later, a resident on the 800 block of I-Oka, aware that officers were looking for a shoplifter, saw Smentek in front of their house; officers found Smentek hiding in bushes and the security agent identified him, reports said. Smentek was charged with a felony because he was on probation for a felony retail theft conviction, reports said. His court date is Aug. 23.
• Eric J. Trelford, 22, of the 1700 block of Forest Cove Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 9:15 p.m. July 31 at his apartment and charged with felony aggravated battery, felony criminal damage to state supported property, and misdemeanor charges of resisting a peace officer, three counts of aggravated assault and simple battery. Officers were called to the apartment building when witnesses saw Trelford discharging a fire extinguisher at another male resident, reports said. Trelford punched two officers in the face during the arrest and pulled on and broke an officer's shoulder microphone for his police radio, reports said. According to reports, he was on parole and an Illinois Department of Corrections agent issued a no bail parole violation warrant. His court date is Aug. 22.
• James O. Brown, 50, of the 2400 block of Mitchell, Milwaukee, Wis., and Martha M. Rosandich, 53, of the 7600 block of North 76th Street, Milwaukee, Wis., were arrested around 9:25 p.m. Aug. 6 at Walmart, Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with felony retail theft. A security agent told police he saw them place three tablet keyboard cases and six computer software items in a shopping cart, along with other merchandise. The agent saw Brown scan the other merchandise at a self-checkout register but only pretend to scan the electronic items valued at $1,429, reports said. Rosandich engaged the sales clerk in conversation while Brown handled the checkout, reports said. Brown also was arrested on a warrant out of Lake County Sheriff's Office, reports added. Their court date is Aug. 21.
• Vandals used blue paint between Aug. 1 and 9 to spray gang graffiti on the bike path in Hi-Line Park, 1775 Algonquin Road. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Andrew M. Manley, 29, of the 800 block of South Rand Road, Lake Zurich, was arrested around 12:38 a.m. Aug. 1 on the 1600 block of North Baldwin Road and charged with felony aggravated DUI-drugs, felony aggravated driving with a revoked driver's license, violation of an order of protection, resisting a peace officer, possession of drug paraphernalia, improper lighting, uninsured motor vehicle and speeding.
• Julie J. Waryck, 22, of the 26000 block of Highland Drive, Mundelein, was arrested Aug. 4 at Walmart, 1555 N Rand Road, and charged with criminal damage to property. Reports said she was seen damaging merchandise packaging valued at $373.
• Steven J. Sagert, 18, of the 4900 block of West Polk Street, Chicago, was arrested July 26 at Jewel on Dundee Road and charged with retail theft after a security agent told police he took two bottles of vodka valued at $68.
• Alejandro Marin, 44, of the 2100 block of North Heather Lane, Palatine, was arrested around 2:35 a.m. July 28 on the 1200 block of East Dundee Road and charged with felony aggravated DUI, DUI, driving with a suspended license, traffic violations, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and illegal transportation of alcohol.
• Kris M. Neuhold, 34, of the 400 block of Yorkshire Square, Bolingbrook, was arrested around 3:50 a.m. July 27 on the 2200 block of North Rand Road and charged with DUI, possession of marijuana, driving with license expired, and traffic violations.
• Burglars stole a wallet and black glove between 8:30 p.m. July 30 and 5:25 a.m. July 31 out of a 2011 Kia SUV in an apartment lot on the 2600 block of North Bayside Drive.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer, iPad, and cash out of a wallet between 8 p.m. Aug. 1 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 2 out of an unlocked 2013 Audi sedan in an apartment garage on the 1900 block of North Hidden Creek Circle. Value was estimated at $1,630.
• Burglars stole a bag with a laptop computer between 5 p.m. Aug. 1 and 6 a.m. Aug. 2 out of an unlocked 2004 Ford in a lot on the 0-100 block of Renaissance Place.
• Burglars broke into a 2001 Volkswagen sedan between 5 and 8 a.m. Aug. 2 in an apartment lot on the 900 block of West Panorama Drive and stole a DVD player car stereo valued at $200.
• Burglars stole a GPS, iPod AM/FM transmitter and an iPod charger cord between 7 p.m. Aug. 4 and 8:20 a.m. Aug 5 out of a 2013 Ford sedan on the 1700 block of North Emerald Bay. Value was estimated at $225.
• Thieves stole a credit card holder and several credit cards between 1 and 1:15 p.m. July 30 out of a family locker room at the YMCA, 1400 W. Northwest Hwy.
• Thieves stole a gray and orange bicycle and a red mountain bike with black lettering between 8:30 p.m. July 30 and 12:15 p.m. July 31 out of an open garage on the 700 block of North Whitcomb Drive. Value was estimated at $230.
• Burglars broke into a home on the 1100 block of South Falmore Drive between 10:30 a.m. and noon July 24 and stole a silver plate service set for 12 and jewelry.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $480 between 12:15 and 12:30 p.m. July 24 out of an open garage at a home on the 100 block of North Rose Street.
• Vandals wrote graffiti between 8 a.m. July 25 and 3:15 p.m. July 26 on two picnic tables and a pavilion post in Sycamore Park, 901 N. Clark Drive.
• Vandals set a portable toilet on fire around 10:30 p.m. July 28 near the parking lot at the Riemer Reservoir, 640 W. Palatine Road.
• Brandon L. Rychlowski, 27, of the 100 block of Virginia Court, Streamwood, was arrested around 12:10 p.m. July 28 at his home and charged with battery and reckless conduct. A couple traveling eastbound on Irving Park Road at Brittany told officers Rychlowski hurled a bottle of soda through an open window of their 2007 Cadillac and liquid splashed on their faces and car interior. Rychlowski was driving a 1997 Acura next to the Cadillac, reports said. The victims noted the license plate and an officer traced the address to Rychlowski.
• Esteban Ramirez, 18, of the 100 block of Washington Avenue, Streamwood, was arrested around 10:40 p.m. July 30 at Streamwood Boulevard and Myrtle Lane and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia (marijuana pipe). His court date is Aug. 21.
• Rachel N. Mutambo, 18, of the 600 block of Kit Carson Drive, Hanover Park, and Mia Moran, 18, of the 400 block of North Prospect, Crandon, Wis., were arrested around 1 a.m. July 27 at Route 19 and East Avenue and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia (glass drug pipe and marijuana cigarette wrapper) and obstructing identification. Mutambo also was charged with headlight/side light violation and no driver's license on person. Their court date is Sept. 9.
• Ramon Saldivar, 18, of the 0-100 block of Big Oaks Road, Streamwood, was arrested around 4:25 a.m. July 28 at Bode and Park and charged with illegal possession/consumption of alcohol by a minor. His court date is Aug. 20.
• Burglars stole a purse between midnight and 7:30 a.m. July 26 out of an unlocked 1998 BMW in a driveway on the 200 block of Emerald Drive. Value was estimated at $300.
• Burglars stole money and credit cards between 10 p.m. July 25 and 5 a.m. July 26 out of a wallet in an unlocked 2007 Chevrolet Colorado on the 300 block of Ascot. Value was estimated at $300. Offenders used one of the cards at two stores.
• Burglars stole a wallet and GPS between 7:30 p.m. July 28 and 8 a.m. July 29 out of a 2007 Trailblazer at a home on the 300 block of Locksley Drive.
• Burglars stole a purse, cellphone gold ring, credit cards and GPS between 11 and 11:30 p.m. July 29 out of a 2008 Ford Escape in a driveway on the 100 block of North Prospect Avenue.
• Julia Dominguez, 35, of the 500 block of Milwaukee Avenue, Wheeling, was arrested around 3 p.m. July 27 at Walmart, 1455 Lake-Cook Road, and charged with retail theft. A security agent told police he saw her hide cosmetics in her purse. Her court date is Aug. 16.
• Thieves stole a cellphone, debit card and driver's license around between 2 and 6 p.m. July 30 in an apartment complex on the 100 block of Arbor Court after the owner's small child dropped it somewhere in the complex. A child answered the phone but hung up when the owner called her phone. Value was estimated at $700.
• Thieves stole a white mountain bike and lock between 4 p.m. July 26 and 7 a.m. July 27 from a bike rack on the 1700 block of Stonehedge Court. Value was estimated at $600.