• Jeremiah D. Butler, 24, of the 500 block of McKee Street, was charged with possession of cannabis at 2:06 a.m. Sunday in the 0-99 block of East Wilson Street, according to a police report. He was also charged with aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol; driving while his license was suspended, revoked or canceled; driving under the influence of alcohol; making an improper turn at an intersection; illegal transportation of alcohol; making an unsafe U-turn; screeching or squealing tires; disobeying a traffic control signal; improper lane use; and improper signaling, police said.
Contact information ( * required )
• Stop signs were vandalized Sunday at Larkspur Lane and Chillem Drive; Raddant Road and Pine Street; Viking Drive and Wintergreen Terrace; and Hillsboro and Larkspur, police said.
• Ryan Hernandez, 22, of the 800 block of Lyman Street in West Chicago, was charged with street racing, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, and failure to give information in a property-damage accident at 12:09 a.m. Saturday, according to a police report. Police say he was racing in a Honda Accord near Pierson and Suncast Lane, lost control and hit a concrete wall. Police found him at his home.
• Chase C. Connor, 19, of the 1000 block of Twin Elms Lane, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding and illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor at 1:54 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of West Wilson Street, according to a police report.
• A resident of the 200 block of North Island Avenue told police Friday that a man had tried to extort her. She said a man called her to tell her he computer needed to be fixed. She allowed him to access her computer remotely, and he then visited a pornographic website. He then told her he would remove a virus he had loaded, for $160.
• Between Aug. 6 and Friday, graffiti was painted on three utility boxes in the 700 block of North Forest Avenue, police said.
• A playground slide was vandalized in the 800 block of Wind Energy Pass, it was reported to police at 7:16 p.m. Thursday.
• Nicholas F. Hopp, 19, of the 3100 block of Longwood Lane, Aurora, was charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession of cannabis, and driving with only one headlamp, at 1:15 a.m. Thursday in the 200 block of East Wilson Street, according to a police report.
• Edward R. Arbet, 54, of the 600 block of North Prairie Street, was charged with criminal trespass to state-supported land at 8:26 p.m. Aug. 7 at the Peg Bond Center on the Riverwalk, according to a police report.
• Austin K. Shanahan, 18, of the 1100 block of Woodland Hills Road, was charged with having an illegal residential gathering at 12:13 a.m. Aug. 7 at his home, according to a police report. Visitors charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor included Batavia residents Shannon A. McGee, 18, of the 2700 block of Duncan Lane; Trevor Hollis, 18, of the 1100 block of Sara Court; Brian N. Vetsch, 18, of the 400 block of Alberosky Way; Benjamin T. Link, 18, of the 2S400 block of Deerpath Road; Anna N. Zeyen, 18, of the 200 block of Maves Drive; Raechel L. Miller, 18, of the 200 block of Redbud Lane; Peter N. Rudd, 18, of the 500 block of North Batavia Avenue; Andria M. Miller, 18, of the 400 block of Sennett Street; Celine E. Harmony, 18, of the 2500 block of Bird Lane; Jake A. Monty, 18, of the 400 block of McKee Street; and Nathan M. Tague, 18, of the 800 block of Norcross Drive. Also charged were Brittney M. Reaber, 18, of the 1400 block of Indian Hill Drive, Bensenville; Katheryn E. Nielsen, 18, of the 3000 block of Wagner Road, Aurora; Emily S. Daly, 18, of the 26W400 block of Chantilly Court, Winfield; and five juveniles.
• Graffiti was painted on a sewage lift station, an electrical transformer and the curbing of a creek culvert, at 535 Western Ave., it was reported to police at 9:38 a.m. Aug. 6.
• Someone threw a rock through a window of a home on the 600 block of South Kendall Street near Aurora at 2:40 a.m. Aug. 7, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone ran up more than $1,500 in charges after stealing a purse, iPad and credit cards from three cars parked outside a home on the 43W200 block of Ferson Court near St. Charles between 9:30 p.m. Aug. 6 and 8:30 a.m. Aug. 7, according to a sheriff's report.
• Donald R. Cinkus, 52, of the 1N700 block of Francis Road, Maple Park, was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct at 12:30 p.m. Aug. 4 after an incident on the 1N800 block of Francis, according to a sheriff's report. Cinkus is accused of purposefully and repeatedly shooting an air cannon, which spooked a horse, causing it to throw its rider off. He told police he was trying to scare a coyote in his yard. Geneva
• Between 8 p.m. Aug. 7 and 10 a.m. Thursday, someone stole a gray iPod, a gray iPod sleeve and Lacoste cologne out of a vehicle in the 3300 block of Hillcrest Road, police said.
• Between 10 p.m. Aug. 7 and 7:30 a.m. Thursday, someone stole a package of gum and a gasoline card out of an unlocked vehicle in the 200 block of Westhaven Circle, police said.
• Someone stole credit cards out of two unlocked vehicles between 9 p.m. Aug. 7 and 9:30 a.m. Thursday in the 3300 block of Husking Peg Lane, police said.
• Ryan L. Willing, 19, of the 1500 block of Kirkwood Drive, was charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor, possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia at 1:17 a.m. Aug. 6, according to a police report.
• James P. Fanella, 19, of the 0N500 block of Dobson Lane, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor, possession of cannabis, driving under the influence of alcohol and driving without a rear registration lamp at 12:40 a.m. July 31 in the 3400 block of Keslinger Road, according to a police report.