• Jamie B. Thurnau, 19, of the 2200 block of Dorchester Court, was arrested at about 4:40 a.m. Monday and charged with resisting/obstructing a police officer, according to a police report. Police responded to a report of a single vehicle rollover accident in the 700 block of Villa Street. When police arrived, Thurnau fled, and when police caught up with him, he sat down on the ground to try to prevent police from putting cuffs on him.
• Erik Torres, 18, of the 1000 block of Waterford Road, Bartlett, was arrested at about 3:20 a.m. Monday and charged with forgery, possession of 2.5 grams or less of cannabis, attempted obstruction of justice and possession of fictitious/altered ID card, according to court documents. Police responded to a call about a suspicious person in a vehicle and found Torres asleep in a vehicle parked on the 300 block of South McLean Boulevard. Torres gave police an ID card with a different name. Police found out his name via fingerprints. His bond was set at $75,000 and his next court date is Aug. 21.
• A resident of the 100 block of Birchwood Road near Carpentersville reported to sheriff's police a possible identify theft after receiving an overdue gas bill of $647 Aug. 7.
• Someone ran up more than $1,500 in charges after stealing a purse, iPad and credit cards from three cars parked outside a home on the 43W200 block of Ferson Court near St. Charles between 9:30 p.m. Aug. 6 and 8:30 a.m. Aug. 7, according to a sheriff's report.
• Donald R. Cinkus, 52, of the 1N700 block of Francis Road, Maple Park, was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct at 12:30 p.m. Aug. 4 after an incident on the 1N800 block of Francis, according to a sheriff's report. Cinkus is accused of purposefully and repeatedly shooting an air cannon, which spooked a horse, causing it to throw its rider off. He told police he was trying to scare a coyote in his yard.
• Devin R. Hall, 21, of the 44W0-99 block of Fox Wilds Drive, St. Charles Township, was charged with illegal transportation of alcohol, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving while his license is suspended and failure to signal a turn at 11:19 p.m. Aug. 3 on Fox Wilds Drive in St. Charles Township, according to a sheriff's report. His passenger, Calee Pylypiw, was charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor, the report showed. Pylypiw, 19, lives on the 11N300 block of Williamsburg Drive near Elgin. Deputies reported finding a bottle of beer in the center console, and open cans of beer in a case behind the passenger seat. They also reported finding a glass pipe and a metal grinder.
• A Pardner Plus shotgun with a scope and a camouflage sling was stolen off the trunk of a vehicle on the 12N500 block of Burlington Road near Burlington, between 5:45 and 6:37 p.m. Aug. 1, according to a sheriff's report. The owner said he had placed it on the trunk intending to clean it, then left to use a restroom.
• A Garmin GPS, laptop computer and 10 cigars were stolen between 10 p.m. Aug. 1 and 5 a.m. Aug. 2 from a locked sport utility vehicle parked on the 14N900 block of White Pines Lane near Hampshire, according to a sheriff's report.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close