• Weston P. Tillman, 20, of the 14N400 block of Coombs Road near Elgin, was charged with burglary to motor vehicles Aug. 2, according to a sheriff's report. He is accused of stealing two purses and a coin purse out of two unlocked vehicles on the 14N400 block of Oliver Drive near Elgin.
• Devin R. Hall, 21, of the 44W0-99 block of Fox Wilds Drive, St. Charles Township, was charged with illegal transportation of alcohol, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving while his license is suspended and failure to signal a turn at 11:19 p.m. Aug. 3 on Fox Wilds Drive in St. Charles Township, according to a sheriff's report. His passenger, Calee Pylypiw, was charged with illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor, the report showed. Pylypiw, 19, lives on the 11N300 block of Williamsburg Drive near Elgin. Deputies reported finding a bottle of beer in the center console, and open cans of beer in a case behind the passenger seat. They also reported finding a glass pipe and a metal grinder.
• David L. Leffew, 50, of the 43W500 block of Route 64, St. Charles Township, was charged with criminal damage to property at 5:18 p.m. Aug. 1 at his address, according to a sheriff's report. He is accused of kicking a car door during an argument about child custody.
• Someone broke into a house between 1 p.m. July 26 and 5:55 p.m. Aug. 1 on the 40W500 block of Bowes Road near Elgin, according to a sheriff's report. The house has been unoccupied for two years.
• A Pardner Plus shotgun with a scope and a camouflage sling was stolen off the trunk of a vehicle on the 12N500 block of Burlington Road near Burlington, between 5:45 and 6:37 p.m. Aug. 1, according to a sheriff's report. The owner said he had placed it on the trunk intending to clean it, then left to use a restroom.
• Ahood B. Hill, 31 and homeless, was charged with battery at 2:05 p.m. July 31 on the 38W400 block of Route 20 near Elgin, according to a sheriff's report. Hill intervened in an argument and held a man while a second man punched, and then stabbed the first man in the side of the head with a screwdriver, police said.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close