• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Michael J. Dazzo, 38, of the 1300 block of Longford Circle, Elgin, was arrested around 11:22 p.m. Aug. 7 at South New Wilke and West Kirchoff roads and charged with possession of methamphetamine and DUI drugs. Police reports gave this account: Officers found him slumped over the wheel of his car. When they woke him, he was disoriented and sweating profusely. One bag of meth fell to the ground when he got out of the car. Officers found six more bags of meth when they searched him. His court date is Sept. 6.
• A man, about 6 feet tall, stocky build and wearing a black ski mask, entered a home aground 10:20 p.m. Aug. 7 on the 2200 block of North Champlain Street through an unlocked rear sliding glass door. A resident found the man standing near the kitchen. He fled; a K9 track ended at Champlain and Shiloh. It was unknown if he took anything.
• Hector Cardona, 42, of the 1300 block of Fargo Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 9:50 p.m. Aug. 6 at the police department, 1420 Miner St., and charged with battery. According to police reports, an officer removed Cardona's rosary necklace per department regulations, and Cardona swore at the officer and kicked him in the right thigh. He was in the lockup for a previous battery charge at his apartment building earlier in the day, reports said. His court date is Sept. 3.
• Jesse Olivar, 20, of the 800 block of East Oakton Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 10:25 p.m. Aug. 6 on the 1300 block of East Everett Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana and possession with intent to deliver. Officers on patrol responded to a call of a disturbance involving approximately 15 subjects in a known gang area around Everett Avenue and Pine Street. Most of them fled when the officers arrived, but Olivar and a second individual hid behind cars and were caught, reports said. Olivar was arrested after officers found three small bags of marijuana hidden in his shorts, reports said. His court date is Aug. 30.
• Burglars stole a set of keys between 8:30 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. Aug. 6 from the desk of a female employee in a business at 1700 Higgins Road and used the car key to enter her 2004 Hyundai Sonata in the parking lot. A purse and cosmetics bag were missing from the car. Value was estimated at $820.
• A burglar was seen on a security video taking 20 music CDs around 11:30 p.m. Aug. 5 out of a 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV in a driveway on the 1600 block of South Sycamore Street. Value was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole two iPods and an e-reader between 6:30 and 11 p.m. Aug. 5 during a party at a home on the 600 block of Manor Court. Value was estimated at $370.
• Vandals put several scratches on a 2006 Audi A3 and one long scratch around all sides of a 2007 Honda CR-V between 10 p.m. July 31 and 8 a.m. Aug. 1 in an apartment lot on the 600 block of Huntington Commons Road. Damage was estimated at $11,000. Vandals also put several scratches on a 2001 Lexus ES300 sedan Aug. 6 in the same parking lot. Damage was estimated at $3,000.
• Burglars broke into a 2012 Ford Fusion and 2013 Dodge Caravan between midnight and 8:15 a.m. Aug. 5 in a driveway on the 1500 block of East Emmerson Lane and stole a GPS unit out of each vehicle. Loss was estimated at $900.
• Vandals used a permanent marker between Aug. 2 and 5 to write graffiti on new playground equipment at Euclid School, 1211 Wheeling Road. Damage was estimated at $50.
• Thieves stole four hubcaps between 4 p.m. Aug. 4 and 10:45 a.m. Aug. 5 from a 2001 Dodge Durango in an apartment lot on the 1700 block of Chariot Court. Value was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole a women's gold and silver 18-speed bicycle with brown seat cushion between 7 and 9:30 p.m. Aug. 4 from a bicycle rack on a 2005 Acura TL in an apartment lot on the 1700 block of Sable Lane. A second bike on the auto-mounted rack was not taken. Value was estimated at $250.