Daily Herald - Suburban Chicago's source for news This copy is for personal, non-commercial use. To order presentation-ready copies for distribution you can: 1) Use the "Reprint" button found on the top and bottom of every article, 2) Visit reprints.theygsgroup.com/dailyherald.asp for samples and additional information or 3) Order a reprint of this article now.
Article updated: 8/2/2013 3:54 PM

Teen charged with 2 fatal shootings in Chicago

By

An 18-year-old Chicago man is facing two murder charges in last month's shooting death of a woman and her 5-year-old son.

Chicago police said Friday that Antonio Lewis is facing two counts of first-degree murder and a single count of attempted first-degree murder for the June 28 shooting that killed 31-year-old Chevonne Brown and 5-year-old Sterling Sims.

Authorities said Lewis also tried to shoot Brown's 11-year-old son, but his gun malfunctioned.

The Chicago Sun-Times said Lewis was shot later that same day in a separate incident. Police say he remains in the hospital.

It wasn't immediately clear if he had a lawyer.

Because he's in the hospital, Lewis won't appear in bond court.

Copyright © 2014 Paddock Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.