• Three people tried to buy merchandise using counterfeit money at Walmart, 801 N. Randall Road, at about 8:07 p.m. Wednesday after their credit cards were declined, according to a police report. They left without purchasing anything and no immediate arrests were made.
• Fifteen gallons of gas, valued at $58, was stolen at about 2:56 p.m. Monday from a gas station on the 1700 block of Hubbard Avenue, according to a police report.
• Ryan C. Dobbins, 21, of the 5N200 block of Meadow Drive, St. Charles, was charged with driving under the influence, no insurance and driving too fast for conditions after a crash at 1:15 a.m. Tuesday at Route 31 and Silver Glen Road near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.
• Two cases of beer were stolen from a snack bar after an exterior screen was cut at Heritage Prairie Farm, 2N308 Brundige Road, Elburn, between 8 p.m. July 22 and 8 a.m. July 23, according to a sheriff's report.
• The entrance sign for the Mill Creek subdivision at Fabyan Parkway and Mill Creek Drive near Geneva was defaced between 12:01 and 9 a.m. July 25, according to a sheriff's report.
• Two large Waste Management garbage cans, valued at $175, were stolen between noon July 24 and 7 a.m. July 25 from the 5N100 block of Route 25 near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.
• Ashley E. Scott, 20, of the 11900 block of Mohican Drive, Algonquin, was charged with driving while license suspended, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of less than 2.5 grams of marijuana, and possession of a controlled substance after a traffic stop at 1:25 a.m. Tuesday at Route 25 and Middle Street near South Elgin, according to a sheriff's report.