It's down to the Top 10 in Suburban Chicago's Got Talent.
Finalists were announced Friday in the summer-long competition, which is presented by the Daily Herald, produced by the Metropolis Performing Arts Centre and sponsored by the Arlington Heights Chamber of Commerce.
Contact information ( * required )
Making it to the final round are:
• vocalist Kimberly Church of Carpentersville
• guitarist and vocalist Ryan Cooper of Schaumburg
• vocalist Gabriela Francesca of Palatine
• vocalist Andrew Johnston of Bourbonnais
• pianist and vocalist Riley Mangan of Arlington Heights
• sibling band No Immunity featuring Matt Kania, Meggie Kania, Molly McDermott and Andy Meyers, all of Arlington Heights
• vocalist San Sandberg of Geneva
• husband-and-wife country duo Sean and Karen of Woodstock
• comedian Tiffany Streng of Arlington Heights
• rock band Viper Fever (featuring Mark Glatt of Riverwoods and brothers Tim and Dan Shemroske of Bartlett)
All 10 acts are set to perform at 7 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 4, at the Metropolis Performing Arts Centre in Arlington Heights, and then at the Taste of Arlington Heights when the winner will be announced along with the online Fan Favorite.
The top prize is an expenses-paid trip to audition before producers of NBC's "America's Got Talent," while the Fan Favorite prize is a Funjet Vacation for two.
Once again, each of the finalists will have to impress a panel of judges that features Metropolis executive director Charlie Beck, Metropolis music director Micky York, College of DuPage director of theater Connie Canaday Howard and Daily Herald writer Barbara Vitello, who reviews theater. The audience at the Aug. 4 performance will also have a say in the final numerical scores, while the online voting public will also be able to cast their votes at dailyherald.com/contest/talent starting on Tuesday, Aug. 6.