Buca di Beppo in Wheeling is open for business after smoke filled the Italian restaurant this morning.
Fire Chief Keith MacIsaac said there was a problem with the air conditioner motor, which caused smoke to cover the roof and most of the interior.
“It wasn’t much of anything,” MacIsaac said. “No damage was done.”
A smoke detector activated an alarm at 9:28 a.m., MacIsaac said. The restaurant, located at 604 Milwaukee Ave., is old and has been renovated several times, so it took longer for crews to investigate the problem.
The scene was cleared at 10:53 a.m., he said.Copyright © 2014 Paddock Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.