• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Thieves cut the lock and stole a men's gray mountain racing bike valued between $700 and $800 around 12:20 a.m. July 21 in a bike rack at the Metra depot, 45 W. Northwest Hwy. A video shows a male subject riding up on a bike. He takes bolt cutters from his backpack and cuts the lock. He places the racing bike on the ground and rides away. According to police, someone who was not seen on the video took the bike.
• Thieves cut a cable and stole the spare tire on an unknown date but reported July 21 from underneath a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee on the 100 block of West Suffield Drive. Value was estimated at $575.
• Thieves stole a black and purple bicycle valued at $200 parked unlocked outside the Metra depot, 45 W. Northwest Hwy., between 12:15 and 12:30 p.m. July 11. A canvas bag attached to the bike contained keys, ID and cellphone valued at $90.
• Thieves pried and took the white ceramic border around a house address numbers between 3:30 p.m. July 13 and 10 a.m. July 14 on the 700 block of Carlyle Lane. Value was estimated at $50.
• Vandals broke off the passenger's-side mirror and scratched the front quarter panel, and front and rear doors on a 2006 Honda Odyssey van between 5 and 10 p.m. July 12 in an underground parking garage at the Arlington Heights Memorial Library, 500 N. Dunton Ave. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Vandals scratched the hood, trunk, quarter panels and both doors on a 2007 Chrysler Crossfire coupe between 9:15 and 9:30 a.m. July 14 in a restaurant lot at 1711 E. Central Road.
• Vandals put 13 hammer-size holes and one 18-inch by 8-inch hole in a plaster wall at the southeast corner of Burlington Coat Factory, 30 W. Rand Road, between 6 p.m. July 11 and 7 p.m. July 12. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Burglars stole a backpack and laptop computer valued at $300 between 7:30 p.m. July 12 and 5 a.m. July 13 out of an unlocked 1993 Buick Regal Gran Sport sedan in a driveway on the 500 block of South Dwyer.
• Michael T. Foster, 255, of the 100 block of Hillcrest Lane, Bartlett, was arrested around 12:50 a.m. July 4 on the 100 block of Hillcrest Lane and charged with attempted armed robbery.
• Paula A. Kroll, 19, of the 4200 block of Haman Avenue, Bartlett, and Taylor M. Sutherland, 22, of the 1600 block of West Lunt Avenue, Chicago, were arrested around 1:35 a.m. July 10 on the 800 block of South Route 59 and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. Kroll's court date is Sept. 6; Sutherland's court date is Aug. 5.
• Henry R. Tracy, 32, of the 900 block of Paul Street, McHenry, was arrested around 2:30 p.m. July 9 on the 500 block of Route 59 and charged with retail theft, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Burglars stole a graphing calculator valued at $100 July 18 out of a vehicle on the 200 block of Wilcox Drive. The burglars stole a backpack containing the calculator, dropped the bag on a lawn but took the calculator.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $500 between July 7 and 18 on the 1300 block of West Lake Street.
• Burglars stole an unlocked bicycle valued at $450 out of an open shed around 11:40 a.m. July 14 on the 300 block of East Schick Road.
• Thieves stole a black and brown 18-inch bike locked to the fence near the Train Museum, 100 block of East Railroad Avenue, around 3 a.m. July 12. Value was estimated at $250.
• Burglars stole two laptop computers in black laptop bags around 1 p.m. July 12 out of an unlocked vehicle on the 1000 block of Longford Road. Value was estimated at $1,150.
• Burglars broke into a concession stand at Villa Olivia, 1400 block of West Lake Street, overnight July 10-11 and stole several beverages. Loss was estimated at $408.
• Thieves stole a grill valued at $350 out of a yard on the 1000 block of Cuyahoga Drive around 4 p.m. July 11.
•Vandals cut the top of an exterior air conditioner unit and broke the fan between July 14 and 16 at a home on the 600 block of North Meadow Drive. Damage was estimated at $5,400.
• Burglars broke into a 2012 Nissan Rogue between 7:30 and 8:15 p.m. July 20 in a restaurant lot at 1405 S. Elmhurst Road and stole a GPS unit out of the center console. Loss was estimated at $500.
• Thieves cut and stole 15 padlocks, valued at $225, between noon July 20 and 12:20 p.m. July 21 from semitrailers used for truck parts storage in a business lot at 2211 S. Mount Prospect Road. Nothing appeared to be missing out of the trailers.
• A man was seen on a security video walking into a backyard around 2:55 a.m. July 17 on the 1800 block of Ash Street and riding away on a women's blue mountain bike valued at $150. He was described as 6 feet tall, dark wavy hair, shirtless, wearing khaki shorts and white socks with dark shoes.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Dodge Caravan between 9 p.m. July 18 and 7:18 a.m. July 19 in a hotel lot at 2930 S. River Road and stole a GPS valued at $100, a laptop computer and black briefcase. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Burglars stole seven full bottles of methadone and a lock box between 6:15 and 8 p.m. July 19 out of a bedroom in an unlocked garage on the 700 block of West Oakton Street. Value was estimated at $75.
• Alfredo F. Perez, 44, of the 1300 block of East Fargo Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 9:05 p.m. July 17 on the 900 block of East Oakton Street and charged with criminal damage to property. Reports said a witness saw him shatter the front glass door at Happy Dogs, 935 E. Oakton St. Officers found Perez sitting with friends down the block from the store. His court date is Aug. 7,
• Thieves stole a wallet valued at $90 between July 4 and 7 out of a resident's room at the Asbury Court retirement home, 1750 S. Elmhurst Road. The victim was hospitalized at the time.
• Roy M. Nthiga, 31, of the 2300 block of South Cannon Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 9:50 p.m. July 11 on the 1500 block of South Elmhurst Road and charged with felony aggravated DUI, traffic violations, illegal transportation of alcohol, driving while license suspended, and operating an uninsured motor vehicle. His court date is July 19.
• Thieves stole a white wicker bench between 4 and 4:28 p.m. July 12 from a patio at a home on the 800 block of East North Avenue. Value was estimated at $200.
• Thieves cut and stole copper piping on an unknown date but reported July 10 from two air conditioner units on the roof of a business under renovation at 865 Elmhurst Road.
•Thieves stole a 32-inch TV valued at $350 between 9 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. July 13 out of a bedroom at a home on the 1800 block of South Mannheim Road. According to the victim, other items were stolen over the previous two weeks but not reported.
• Burglars damaged a breath alcohol ignition interlock device and stole money and three credit cards between 10:30 p.m. July 9 and 10 a.m. July 10 out of a 2008 Honda Accord on the 300 block of South Oak Street. Loss was estimated at $500.
• Burglars cut a fence lock between 11:59 p.m. July 12 and 6 a.m. July 15 at a warehouse at 301 N. Third Ave., pried a section of the fence back, removed a glass pane from an overhead garage door and stole an unknown amount of copper. Loss was estimated at $300.
Elk Grove Village
• Burglars entered a home through an unlocked garage door between 1 and 6 a.m. July 4 at a home on the 900 block of Debr Lane and stole two laptop computers valued at $3,000.
• Thieves stole a 2012 Vanguard trailer filled with scrap aluminum between 4 p.m. July 3 and 11 a.m. July 5 out of a lot at 1649 Howard St. Value was estimated at $20,000.
• Lindsay N. Record, 30, of the 4000 block of Blanchan, Brookfield, was arrested around 1:30 p.m. July 5 at her home and charged with unlawful failure to register as a violent offender against youth.
• Tanya L. Valentine, 39, of the 5300 block of West Quincy Street, Chicago, was arrested around 3 p.m. July 6 at 901 Wellington Ave. and charged with theft and obstructing identification. Her court date is Aug. 19.
• Martin Martinez, 30, of the 900 block of North Monticello Street, Chicago, was arrested around 5 p.m. July 7 on the 200 block of Reverend Morrison Boulevard and charged with disorderly conduct. His court date is July 31.
• Andre T. Massey, 23, of the 100 block of Boardwalk Street, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 2:30 p.m. July 10 on the 100 block of Boardwalk Street and charged with violation of bail bond and possession of marijuana. His court date is July 26.
• Steven R. Peisker, 20, of the 400 block of Franklin Lane, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 10:30 p.m. July 10 at White Trail and Stafford Circle and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is July 31.
• Burglars broke a lock at Storage Locker, 1020 Charlela Lane, between July 6 and 10 and stole all the victim's photography equipment. Value was estimated at $750.
• Vandals scratched two vehicles between 9:30 p.m. July 7 and 6 a.m. July 8 on the 1300 block of Berkenshire Lane. Damage was estimated at $800.
• Lauren A. Turner, 23, of the 7500 block of Bristol, Hanover Park, and Yvette D. Villegas, 21, of the 4200 block of Dorchester, Roselle, were arrested around 10:15 p.m. July 18 on the 1300 block of Kingsbury. Turner was charged with driving while license suspended and possession of marijuana; Villegas was charged with illegal transportation of alcohol by a passenger.
• Abel Ramirez, 28, of the 1600 block of Linden, Hanover Park, was arrested around 6 a.m. July 17 at Barrington and Walnut roads and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Michael L. Conrad, 28, of the 100 block of Gregory, Aurora, was arrested around 1:15 p.m. July 15 at County Farm and Greenbrook and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Vandals damaged cameras at Anne Fox School, 1035 Parkview; reported around 9:30 a.m. July 18.
• Burglars stole three laptop computers and a video game console out of a garage on the 1300 block of Court Maria.
• Burglars stole a stereo system and three speakers around 6 a.m. July 17 out of a vehicle on the 2300 block of Leslie.
• Thieves stole a boys' green 20-inch bicycle around 5:50 p.m. July 16 out of the backyard at a home on the 2300 block of Walnut.
• Burglars stole an iPod around 8 p.m. July 16 out of a locked vehicle on the 1900 block of Walnut..
• Yuliya Dyachyshyn, 22, of the 500 block of South Spruce Drive, Palatine, was arrested around 5:15 p.m. July 11 at Carsons, 1025 Center Drive, and charged with felony retail theft after a security agent said he saw her take three dresses, a tank top and watch, value estimated at $465. Her court date is Aug. 15.
• Luis M. Murillo, 35, of the 1000 block of South Wolf Road, Des Plaines, was arrested around 5:15 p.m. July 12 at Walmart, 930 Mount Prospect Plaza, and charged with criminal damage to vehicle. Reports said he admitted punching a 1997 Honda Civic in the parking lot after an argument over driving skills, leaving a baseball-size dent into the passenger's-side quarter panel. His court date is Aug. 9. He also was arrested on a warrant out of McHenry County.
• Thieves stole a vehicle amplifier, stroller and key padlock on an unknown date but reported July 13 out of an apartment storage locker on the 2300 block of South Cannon Drive. Value was estimated at $541.
• Burglars stole $80 between 7:30 p.m. July 10 and 10 a.m. July 11 out of an unlocked 2007 Mercedes on the 700 block of North Stephen.
• Burglars stole a watch and a silver business card holder between 10:15 p.m. July 14 and 6 a.m. July 15 out of a 2002 Ford on the 200 block of East Parallel. Value was estimated at $320.
• Peter M. Miskinis, 50, of the 1400 block of East Dundee Road, Palatine, was arrested July 9 at Laredo Plaza Liquors and charged with retail theft after officers accused him of taking two bottles of tequila and a bottle of margarita mix. Value was estimated at $59.
• Dionisio D. Lopez, 22, of the 1500 block of Norway, Palatine, was arrested July 11 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft. Reports said officers found him with a jar of cosmetic cream and discovered that he had switched bar code labels on several toiletries.
• Nathan A. Meehan-Hill, 23, of the 2000 block of Cottonwood Drive, Janesville, Wis., was arrested July 10 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft after he was accused of taking two packages of earphones.
• Jonathan D. Rivera, 18, of the 1700 block of North Rose Avenue, Palatine, was arrested July 15 at Walmart, 1555 N. Rand Road, and charged with retail theft after a security agent said he saw Rivera remove an air soft gun scope from its package and hide it in his clothing.
• Dominic J. Muhlbach, 19, of the 2500 block of Crooked Tree Road, Schaumburg, was arrested around 1:55 a.m. July 8 at a home on the 3600 block of Kirchoff Road and charged with unlawful use of weapons and minor consumption of alcohol. Police accuse him of entering the unlocked home. A male resident woke to find Muhlbach highly intoxicated and phoned police, reports said. Officers found brass knuckles in his pocket. His court date is Aug. 8.
• Robert R. Reiss, 37, Christine M. Judeh 24, and Samantha J. Johnson, all of the 1800 block of McDonough Avenue, Joliet, were arrested around 5:45 p.m. July 9 at Walmart, 1460 Golf Road, and charged with attempted retail theft and criminal damage to property. According to police, they cut packaging from DVDs valued at $652 but decided to leave the DVDs in the store. Their court date is July 30.
• Jelixa G. Reyes, 18, of the 200 block of East Seegers, Arlington Heights, and Sergio Teran-Contreras, 19, of the 100 block of Arbor Court, Wheeling, were arrested around 1:50 a.m. July 6 at Algonquin Road and Algonquin Parkway. Reyes was charged with improper lane usage and minor consumption of alcohol. Teran-Contreras was charged with minor consumption of alcohol and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia (drug pipe).
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $650 around 2:40 p.m. July 6 from a display at the Sprint Store, 1635 Algonquin Road.
• Dimitar Staykov, 42, and Desisla S. Marchovska, 35, both of the 700 block of West Huntington Commons, Mount Prospect, were arrested around 12:52 p.m. July 6 at Walmart, 1460 Golf Road, and charged with retail theft. Police accuse them of taking baby wipes, clothing, ointment and ink cartridges. Value was estimated at $58.