Transit riders who take Pace or the CTA can learn at a number of upcoming hearings about the new Ventra fare system, which will be instituted for all passengers in September.
The program allows riders to use a card to board trains and buses on either Pace or the CTA. The change was mandated by state lawmakers for all three transit agencies to have a universal fare program in place by 2015, but Metra is still working on its version.
Contact information ( * required )
Starting in August, Ventra cards will be available for use by registered Chicago Card and Chicago Card Plus users as well as students at Chicago colleges using U-Passes.
Information sessions include:
• 11 a.m. Tuesday at Pace Headquarters, 550 W. Algonquin Road, Arlington Heights;
• Noon Thursday at the Waukegan Public Library, 128 N. County St.;
• 3:30 p.m. Thursday at the Crystal Lake Municipal Municipal Complex, 100 W. Woodstock Ave.;
• 5 p.m. Monday at the Kane County Government Center, 719 S. Batavia, Geneva;
• 4 p.m. July 25 at the DuPage County Government Center, 421 N. County Farm Road.