Transit riders who take Pace or the CTA can learn at a number of upcoming hearings about the new Ventra fare system, which will be instituted for all passengers in September.
The program allows riders to use a card to board trains and buses on either Pace or the CTA. The change was mandated by state lawmakers for all three transit agencies to have a universal fare program in place by 2015, but Metra is still working on its version.
Starting in August, Ventra cards will be available for use by registered Chicago Card and Chicago Card Plus users as well as students at Chicago colleges using U-Passes.
Information sessions include:
• 11 a.m. Tuesday at Pace Headquarters, 550 W. Algonquin Road, Arlington Heights;
• Noon Thursday at the Waukegan Public Library, 128 N. County St.;
• 3:30 p.m. Thursday at the Crystal Lake Municipal Municipal Complex, 100 W. Woodstock Ave.;
• 5 p.m. Monday at the Kane County Government Center, 719 S. Batavia, Geneva;
• 4 p.m. July 25 at the DuPage County Government Center, 421 N. County Farm Road.