Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $200 between 9 a.m. and 11 p.m. July 11 from the lost and found area at Olympic Park Pool, 660 N. Ridge Ave. An offender texted a friend listed on the phone and demanded cash in return for the phone. No contact was made.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer, iPad, iPhone, computer case, cosmetic bag, blank checks and cash between 5 p.m. July 10 and 10 a.m. July 11 out of the trunk of a 2002 Volkswagen Passat at the Metra depot, 45 W. Northwest Hwy. Value was estimated at $4,100.
• Vandals broke the driver's-side rear window on a vehicle July 7 on the 600 block of Catalpa Lane. Damage was estimated at $450.
• Tanesha D. Battles, 22, of the 6200 block of Nugget Circle, Hanover Park, was arrested around 8:15 p.m. July 9 at 1250 Lake St. and charged with retail theft.
• Manuel M. Nunez, 44, of the 2300 block of Glendale, Hanover Park, was arrested around 12:45 a.m. July 9 on the 2600 block of Lake Street and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Oscar Taboada, 37, of the 3800 block of Sea View, Hanover Park, was arrested around 6:30 p.m. July 8 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft.
• Phillip A. Howlett, 23, of the 100 block of George, Bensenville, was arrested around 11:45 a.m. July 8 at Center and Lake streets and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Faye D. Robinson, 21, of the 900 block of Sandpiper, Bartlett, was arrested around 5:30 p.m. July 8 at 5561 County Farm Road and charged with retail theft.
• Antonio Rice, 30, of the 1300 block of Court P, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7:30 p.m. July 8 on the 1200 block of Lake Street and charged with two counts of battery and obstructing a peace officer.
• Efrain Lopez Jr., 23, of the 1600 block of Park, Hanover Park, was arrested around 1:30 a.m. July 7 at Forest Glen and Pinetree and charged with battery.
• Antonio Garza, 29, of the 2400 block of Leslie, Hanover Park, was arrested around 10:50 a.m. July 6 at his home and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and obstructing.
• Filiberto Sotelo, 18, of the 2400 block of Leslie, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7 p.m. July 6 at Chestnut and Mark Thomas and charged with battery. Police accused him of hitting a juvenile.
• Son P. Denny, 66, of the 200 block of Windsor, Bartlett, was arrested around 11:55 a.m. July 6 at 1250 Lake St. and charged with retail theft.
• Elizabeth Muniz, 18, of the 6300 block of Church, Hanover Park, was arrested around 5:15 p.m. July 5 on the 2000 block of Irving Park Road and charged with possession of marijuana.
• A vandal hurled a rock off the Lake Street train viaduct around 7:50 p.m. July 8 that broke a car windshield.
• Burglars broke the handle on the front door between 8 a.m. and 11:45 p.m. July 4 at a home on the 1000 block of Warwick Circle North, ransacked a bedroom and stole cash, jewelry and a watch. Value was estimated over $5,500.
• Thieves stole an iPad and camera between June 11 and July 8 out of a home on the 200 block of West Thacker Street. Value was estimated at $900.
• A man may have tried to remove a bedroom window screen around 2:40 a.m. July 5 at a first floor apartment on the 600 block of Bode Circle. A noise woke a woman sleeping in the bedroom. She saw a male subject running east from the window.
• Burglars pried the rear door between 1:26 and 1:47 a.m. July 6 at Laundry World, 2515 W. Golf Road, pried three cash boxes and stole $6,553.
• Burglars stole an iPod, radar detector, and spare key between 5:40 and 7:30 p.m. July 7 out of a 2007 Volvo XC70 in a lot at the Triphahn Center, 1685 W. Higgins Road. Value was estimated at $410.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close