• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $200 between 9 a.m. and 11 p.m. July 11 from the lost and found area at Olympic Park Pool, 660 N. Ridge Ave. An offender texted a friend listed on the phone and demanded cash in return for the phone. No contact was made.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer, iPad, iPhone, computer case, cosmetic bag, blank checks and cash between 5 p.m. July 10 and 10 a.m. July 11 out of the trunk of a 2002 Volkswagen Passat at the Metra depot, 45 W. Northwest Hwy. Value was estimated at $4,100.
• Vandals broke the driver's-side rear window on a vehicle July 7 on the 600 block of Catalpa Lane. Damage was estimated at $450.
• Tanesha D. Battles, 22, of the 6200 block of Nugget Circle, Hanover Park, was arrested around 8:15 p.m. July 9 at 1250 Lake St. and charged with retail theft.
• Manuel M. Nunez, 44, of the 2300 block of Glendale, Hanover Park, was arrested around 12:45 a.m. July 9 on the 2600 block of Lake Street and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Oscar Taboada, 37, of the 3800 block of Sea View, Hanover Park, was arrested around 6:30 p.m. July 8 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft.
• Phillip A. Howlett, 23, of the 100 block of George, Bensenville, was arrested around 11:45 a.m. July 8 at Center and Lake streets and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Faye D. Robinson, 21, of the 900 block of Sandpiper, Bartlett, was arrested around 5:30 p.m. July 8 at 5561 County Farm Road and charged with retail theft.
• Antonio Rice, 30, of the 1300 block of Court P, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7:30 p.m. July 8 on the 1200 block of Lake Street and charged with two counts of battery and obstructing a peace officer.
• Efrain Lopez Jr., 23, of the 1600 block of Park, Hanover Park, was arrested around 1:30 a.m. July 7 at Forest Glen and Pinetree and charged with battery.
• Antonio Garza, 29, of the 2400 block of Leslie, Hanover Park, was arrested around 10:50 a.m. July 6 at his home and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and obstructing.
• Filiberto Sotelo, 18, of the 2400 block of Leslie, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7 p.m. July 6 at Chestnut and Mark Thomas and charged with battery. Police accused him of hitting a juvenile.
• Son P. Denny, 66, of the 200 block of Windsor, Bartlett, was arrested around 11:55 a.m. July 6 at 1250 Lake St. and charged with retail theft.
• Elizabeth Muniz, 18, of the 6300 block of Church, Hanover Park, was arrested around 5:15 p.m. July 5 on the 2000 block of Irving Park Road and charged with possession of marijuana.
• A vandal hurled a rock off the Lake Street train viaduct around 7:50 p.m. July 8 that broke a car windshield.
• Burglars broke the handle on the front door between 8 a.m. and 11:45 p.m. July 4 at a home on the 1000 block of Warwick Circle North, ransacked a bedroom and stole cash, jewelry and a watch. Value was estimated over $5,500.
• Thieves stole an iPad and camera between June 11 and July 8 out of a home on the 200 block of West Thacker Street. Value was estimated at $900.
• A man may have tried to remove a bedroom window screen around 2:40 a.m. July 5 at a first floor apartment on the 600 block of Bode Circle. A noise woke a woman sleeping in the bedroom. She saw a male subject running east from the window.
• Burglars pried the rear door between 1:26 and 1:47 a.m. July 6 at Laundry World, 2515 W. Golf Road, pried three cash boxes and stole $6,553.
• Burglars stole an iPod, radar detector, and spare key between 5:40 and 7:30 p.m. July 7 out of a 2007 Volvo XC70 in a lot at the Triphahn Center, 1685 W. Higgins Road. Value was estimated at $410.