Breaking News Bar
updated: 7/1/2013 10:02 PM

Batavia firefighters respond to flash fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

Batavia firefighters say an employee mixing flammable chemicals without proper grounding caused a chemical flash fire at a business at 11:10 a.m. Monday in the 400 block of north Kirk Road.

The fire singed the ceiling of the flammable liquids storage room at the facility, triggering a fire suppressing foam system that stopped the fire from doing more damage, fire officials said.

An employee was treated for a minor injury at the scene. The fire caused about $5,000 in damages.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.