Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Vandals set fire to a mailbox and mail, possibly with fireworks, between June 10 and 14 at a home on the 200 block of East Cleburne. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Stephanie Galvez, 18, of the 1900 block of Poplar Avenue, Hanover Park, was arrested around 1:35 a.m. June 23 at Stearns and Tall Grass roads and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. Her court date is Aug. 5.
• Burglars stole a wallet valued over $25 around 6:30 p.m. June 21 out of an unlocked vehicle on the 700 block of West Appletree Lane.
• Charles G. Birdsong, 20, of the 1000 block of Plum Grove, Schaumburg, was arrested around 2:10 a.m. June 26 at Irving Park and Kingsbury roads and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Cassius T. Dear, 29, of the 300 block of Mosley, Elgin, was arrested around 12:40 a.m. June 26 at Lake and Walnut streets and charged with possession of marijuana and driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
• Edwin A. Figuaroa, 21, of the 700 block of Burdette, Glendale Heights, was arrested around 12:05 a.m. June 25 on the 5400 block of Arlington and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. He also was arrested on a DuPage County warrant.
• Adam D. Saflarski, 43, of the 5000 block of Valley, Streamwood, was arrested around 7:55 p.m. June 23 at County Farm and Ontarioville and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and DUI.
• Thieves stole $38 out of a patron's wallet around 2 p.m. June 27 at the library, 1266 Cumberland.
• Thieves stole a bicycle around 10:50 p.m. June 25 outside a restaurant at 1050 Lake St.
• Burglars stole copper tubing around 11 a.m. June 24 out of a home on the 2000 block of Dublin.
• Thieves stole commercial grade power cables around 6 a.m. June 24 at 5881 County Farm Road.
• Thieves stole a bicycle around 7:10 p.m. June 24 outside a pharmacy at 7350 Barrington Road.
• Vandals broke into a mobile classroom around 6 a.m. June 24 at 1750 Laurel and damaged it with paint.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Dodge Ram pickup truck around 11:30 p.m. June 22 in a driveway on the 1300 block of Hassell Road, setting off the vehicle's alarm. Nothing appeared to be missing.
• Thieves stole a 10-foot-tall basketball hoop between 8:30 a.m. and noon June 24 from a driveway on the 1400 block of Falcon Lane. Value was estimated at $200.
• Vandals smashed the rear driver's-side sliding door window between 10 p.m. June 20 and 4 a.m. June 21 on a 2011 Toyota Sienna van.
• Burglars broke into a 2001 Ford Econoline van between noon June 21 and 6:30 a.m. June 24 on the 1000 block of Apricot Lane and stole a rigid portable saw valued at $330, along with other power tools.
• Natalia L. Fonseca, 34, of the 2300 block of Discovery Drive, Schaumburg, was arrested around 1:15 p.m. June 18 at her home and charged with assault after she was accused of using a lit cigarette to burn a hole in a pillow case during an argument. Her court date is July 25.
• James Joseph Graney, 54, last known address on the 9200 block of Jasmine Way, Fox River Grove, was arrested around 2:15 a.m. June 16 at the U.S. Post Office, 651 N. Mall Drive, and charged with local ordinance criminal trespass. Police reports said he was sleeping in the lobby. His court date is July 30. He also was arrested on charges of outstanding warrants from Hoffman Estates and Will County.
• Alphonso Carter Jr., 23, of the 3200 block of North 25th Street, Milwaukee, Wis., was arrested around 3:30 p.m. June 19 at Sephora in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after he was accused of taking cologne. His court date is July 5.
• Mary Lynn Taylor, 23, of the 3200 block of West Warren Boulevard, Chicago, was arrested around 6:50 p.m. June 13 at Carsons, 601 N. Martingale Road, and charged with two counts of retail theft and two counts of theft. Police reports said Taylor took cash and underrung purchases on June 7 and 11. Her court date is July 12.
• Justin Wayne Curry, 38, of the 1700 block of Autumn Avenue, Schaumburg, was arrested around 1:45 p.m. June 16 at Public Storage, 1200 W. Irving Park Road, and charged with simple battery. Police reports said he pushed a man during an argument. His court date is July 31.
• Richard J. Connell, 31, of the 1300 block of Wakeby, Schaumburg, was arrested around 2:30 p.m. June 11 at his home and charged with public indecently/lewd exposure. Reports said officers found him naked near his home. His court date is July 17.
• Alexsandros Matsas, 42, of the 0-100 block of River Ridge, Sleepy Hollow, was arrested around 5:35 p.m. June 7 at the police department, 1000 W. Schaumburg Road, and charged with simple battery. Reports said he slapped a male employee at Patrick Cadillac, 526 Mall Drive, around 12:55 p.m. May 17 during an argument over tire rotation. His court date is July 16.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close