Brian Egan, who graduated from Buffalo Grove High School, will continue his wrestling career at Augustana College.
The 5-foot-6, 145-pound Egan went 38-4 this winter and reached the Class 3A state quarterfinals at 132 pounds.
He won tournament titles at Glenbrook South and Batavia and finished second at the Lake Zurich regional and third at the Barrington sectional.
Among his 38 wins were 9 pins and 9 technical falls. He recorded 69 takedowns as well.
Egan also reached the 132-pound state quarterfinals as a junior when he posted a 32-11 record. He was a regional champion at Stevenson and finished third at the Barrington sectional.
• The 25th annual Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation golf tournament will be held this year at Boulder Ridge Country Club in Lake in the Hills on July 22.
During the 20012-13 academic year, the Foundation awarded a record 1,913 scholarships, totaling over $6 million to children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen.
For more information call 847-516-3773 or visit www.MCSF.org/ChicagoGolf.
• Washington University's (St. Louis) Melanie Walsh, a Prospect graduate, is the winner of this year's NCAA Elite 89 Division III Women's Golf award.
She is a repeat winner for the award which she also won during her sophomore year.
Walsh was ineligible for the award her junior year because she was studying in Oxford, England.
• Elk Grove golf captain Ryan White has committed to play for DePauw University, in Greencastle, Ind.
White was a four-time state sectional qualifier at Elk Grove and a two-time captain, MVP and MSL all-conference selection.
• Steve Martens has been named the full-time hockey director and varsity coach of the Barrington Broncos Hockey Club.
• The Arlington Stallions Rugby Club will hold a high school team meeting for players considering playing at the high school level during the 2013 fall season, the 2014 Spring season, or both, on Tuesday, June 25, at 7:30 p.m. at the Northwest Community Hospital Wellness Center.
Player commitment and off/pre-season preparation will be discussed in detail. All current players and high school players considering participation should attend this important meeting. For more information, call (847) 845-4982.