Brian Egan, who graduated from Buffalo Grove High School, will continue his wrestling career at Augustana College.
The 5-foot-6, 145-pound Egan went 38-4 this winter and reached the Class 3A state quarterfinals at 132 pounds.
Contact information ( * required )
He won tournament titles at Glenbrook South and Batavia and finished second at the Lake Zurich regional and third at the Barrington sectional.
Among his 38 wins were 9 pins and 9 technical falls. He recorded 69 takedowns as well.
Egan also reached the 132-pound state quarterfinals as a junior when he posted a 32-11 record. He was a regional champion at Stevenson and finished third at the Barrington sectional.
• The 25th annual Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation golf tournament will be held this year at Boulder Ridge Country Club in Lake in the Hills on July 22.
During the 20012-13 academic year, the Foundation awarded a record 1,913 scholarships, totaling over $6 million to children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen.
For more information call 847-516-3773 or visit www.MCSF.org/ChicagoGolf.
• Washington University's (St. Louis) Melanie Walsh, a Prospect graduate, is the winner of this year's NCAA Elite 89 Division III Women's Golf award.
She is a repeat winner for the award which she also won during her sophomore year.
Walsh was ineligible for the award her junior year because she was studying in Oxford, England.
• Elk Grove golf captain Ryan White has committed to play for DePauw University, in Greencastle, Ind.
White was a four-time state sectional qualifier at Elk Grove and a two-time captain, MVP and MSL all-conference selection.
• Steve Martens has been named the full-time hockey director and varsity coach of the Barrington Broncos Hockey Club.
• The Arlington Stallions Rugby Club will hold a high school team meeting for players considering playing at the high school level during the 2013 fall season, the 2014 Spring season, or both, on Tuesday, June 25, at 7:30 p.m. at the Northwest Community Hospital Wellness Center.
Player commitment and off/pre-season preparation will be discussed in detail. All current players and high school players considering participation should attend this important meeting. For more information, call (847) 845-4982.