Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty. More blotter items are at dailyherald.com.
• Thieves stole $2,320 out of an unlocked cash box around 6 p.m. June 18 at a home on the 600 block of Cedar Lane.
• Burglars broke into a work van around 9 a.m. June 19 on the 100 block of Wilcox Drive and stole a compound miter saw.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit around 10 a.m. June 19 out of an unlocked vehicle in a driveway on the 400 block of Sundance Drive.
• Burglars stole a wallet around 9 a.m. June 18 out of an unlocked car in an open garage on the 1900 block of Woodhaven Drive. The victim found the contents of her wallet along a path near her home. The wallet was found in the street but $200 was missing.
• Dario Rodriguez, 33, and Jose A. Martinez-Alvarez, 31, both of the 7200 block of Astor, Hanover Park, were arrested around 12:01 a.m. June 16 at their home. Rodriguez was charged with battery; Martinez-Alvarez was charged with aggravated assault.
• Diana Cardoso, 22, of the 6200 block of Kit Carson, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7:20 p.m. June 15 at Gold Circle and charged with child endangerment and resisting arrest.
• Michael W. Driggers, 20, of the 1400 block of Sacramento Drive, Hanover Park, and Brandon J. Conway, 38, of the 27W300 block of Devon, Hanover Park, were arrested around 9:25 p.m. June 20 at Lake Street and Elgin-O'Hare Expressway and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Driggers also was charged with possession of marijuana and equipment violation.
• Joel M. Wynter, 20, of the 4000 block of Clubtree, Streamwood, and a juvenile were arrested around 10:45 a.m. June 17 at Barrington and Irving Park roads and charged with possession of marijuana and stolen property.
• Vandals wrote graffiti on four buildings on the 2000 and 2100 blocks of Narcissus around 4 p.m. June 19.
• Thieves stole an iPhone and $300 from a victim on the 3700 block of Merrimac around 8:15 a.m. June 18.
• An unknown customer stole a woman's cellphone from a counter at Tasty Burgers, 7219 Orchard, around 1:40 p.m. June 17.
• Vandals damaged the wood skirting on a mobile classroom at Laurel Hill School, 1750 Laurel, June 16 or 17.
• Thieves stole a cellphone from a victim at Seafari Springs Water Park, 1700 Greenbrook, around 4 p.m. June 17.
• Vandals hurled a rock around 9:30 p.m. June 15 that smashed a driver's-side window on a 1997 Cadillac Catera in a driveway on the 2100 block of Seaver lane.
• Thieves stole a laptop computer between noon June 15 and noon June 16 from a porch at a home on the 5000 block of Brentwood Drive. Value was estimated at $1,336.
• Hanna Duda, 59, of the 300 block of North William, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 12:45 p.m. June 15 at Walmart, 930 Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with local ordinance retail theft. Police reports said a security agent saw her take over-the-counter medications, scissors, and nail products; value was estimated at $61. Her court date is July 19.
• Vandals shattered the rear window between 11 p.m. June 16 and 9:20 a.m. June 17 on a 2012 Honda Civic on the 600 block of Bunting Lane. Damage was estimated at $250.
• Vandals shattered the rear windshield between midnight and 12:30 a.m. June 19 on a 2001 Honda Accord on the 500 block of North Eastwood, on a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee on the 200 block of North Maple Street, on a 2003 Honda Pilot on the 200 block of North Fairview Avenue, and broke the driver's-side mirror on a 2002 Chevrolet Impala on the 300 block of South We Go Trail. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars attempted to enter a home between 4:30 and 7 p.m. June 18 on the 1100 block of NaWaTa by prying the rear door and shattering the glass door window, but they did not get inside. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole an unlocked boys' gray mountain bike valued at $450 between 12:35 and 12:45 p.m. June 18 out of the front yard at a home on the 600 block of North Russel Street.
• Thieves stole a wallet valued at $100 out of a customer's purse between 6:45 and 7:30 p.m. June 18 at Bar Louie, 200 E. Rand Road, and used a debit card in the wallet to make a purchase valued at $800 from Walmart in the Mount Prospect Plaza.
• Burglars stole a radar detector and cellphone jack, value estimated at $390, between 6 p.m. June 16 and 7 a.m. June 17 out of a 2008 Mazda 5 in a driveway on the 200 block of North Maple Street.
• A witness saw two males climb a streetlight between midnight and 12:30 a.m. June 18 at the intersection of Hatlen Avenue and Michael Street and steal the "Michael St." sign. Value was estimated at $100. They left in a white van with other passengers, reports said.
• Austin J. Phillips, 19, of the 1000 block of Trillium Lane, Bartlett, was arrested around 12:35 a.m. June 9 on the 1000 block of South Roselle Road and charged with criminal damage to property after a shot from a pellet gun shattered a glass door at a home on Cambia Drive near Wise Road around 9:45 p.m. June 8. Police reports said he was a passenger in a pickup truck that repeatedly drove past the victim's home. An officer staked out the area and stopped the truck. Phillips admitted shooting at the house because he has issues with the residents, reports said. His court date is July 16..
• Luis R. Hernandez, 24, of the 0-100 block of Hemlock Court, Elgin, was arrested around 2:55 p.m. June 8 at J.C. Penney in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after he was accused of taking jeans. His court date is July 5.
• Joshia Rodriguez, 21, of the 100 block of West Streamwood Boulevard, Streamwood, was arrested around 6:30 p.m. June 7 at Kohl's, 171 N. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft after he was accused of taking a watch. His court date is July 11.
• Charles Oledayo Oriji, 20, of the 2000 block of Bayberry Lane, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 5 p.m. June 3 at Target, 2621 W. Schaumburg Road, and charged with retail theft after he was accused of taking a bottle of vodka. His court date is June 27.
• Karina Kholodenko, 24, of the 500 block of Cherry Lane, Glenview, was arrested around 5:55 p.m. June 4 at Target, 2621 W. Schaumburg Road, and charged with theft after she was accused of taking four jewelry items. Her court date is June 27.
• Shane Matthew O'Brien, 26, of the 900 block of Shelter Island, Pingree Grove, was arrested around 1:15 p.m. June 11 at Kohl's, 410 E. Golf Road, and charged with retail theft after he was accused of taking two pairs of shorts. His court date is July 29.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close