Group warns of Stanley Cup ticket scams
- Photos (1)
Fans stream in from Madison Avenue Saturday before Game 5 of the western conference finals at the United Center.
John Starks | Staff Photographer
The Better Business Bureau wants Blackhawks fans to be cautious when buying Stanley Cup Finals tickets online.
Steve J. Bernas, president and CEO of the Better Business Bureau serving Chicago and Northern Illinois, says fans should do research before buying playoff tickets online.
"Sports fans are often desperate to get tickets to the games, which can lead them in the wrong direction when purchasing tickets," he said in a news release. "The most common way sports fans are getting scammed online is by either paying for counterfeit tickets or tickets that never arrive."
Here are some tips from the Better Business Bureau that will help ensure a successful purchase:
• Check to make sure the broker is licensed.
• Avoid paying cash for tickets in person from a stranger.
• Never wire funds for payment.
• Deal only with brokers who provide clear details concerning the terms of the transaction.
• Check if the ticket broker is a member of the National Association of Ticket Brokers (NATB) and review their rating with the Better Business Bureau.
• Visit websites to compare prices and ticket availability.
• Verify the location of the seats on a seating chart provided by the venue.
• Pay with a credit card or another secure form of payment so you can dispute the charge with your credit issuer or bank.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close