Breaking News Bar
updated: 5/30/2013 12:24 PM

Investigation continues for Long Grove fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald staff report

Officials at the Long Grove Fire Protection District are ruling a bedroom fire Tuesday in unincorporated Arlington Heights an accident and are exploring a possible electrical cause, Michael Schmitt, the district's fire marshal and lead investigator, said Thursday.

The fire occurred in an apartment building in the 2200 block of Nichols Road. Firefighters arrived at 9:28 p.m. after the unit's resident saw smoke billowing out of one of her bedrooms and called 911.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Alarms sounded in the rest of the building after smoke escaped from the third-floor apartment into the common hallway. Occupants in the floor's other unit left the building and were the only other people inside at the time, according to a news release.

No other units were affected, but there is some minor smoke damage in the third-floor hallway. The damage is estimated at about $25,000, according to the news release.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here