• A 30-by-30-inch picture was stolen in the 300 block of South Jackson Street, it was reported at 3 p.m. Monday, police said.
Contact information ( * required )
• An iPhone 5 was stolen in the 3S0-99 block of Nelson Lake Road, it was reported at 6:05 p.m. Monday, police said.
• Matthew L. Lorenz, 23, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of cannabis, and driving with just one headlight, at 12:33 a.m. Saturday in the 1500 block of Crissy Avenue, according to a police report. Lorenz lives in the 800 block of Manchester Course, Geneva.
• A street banner arm was damaged in the 0-99 block of North River Street, it was reported to police at 9:46 a.m. May 23.
• James P. Siekmann, 25, of the 500 block of Summit Avenue, West Chicago, was charged with harassment through electronic communication, at 2:51 p.m. May 23, of a person in the 600 block of North Third Avenue, according to a police report. The person, who is the victim in a disorderly conduct case to which Siekmann pleaded guilty May 23, told police that in April and May Siekmann had contacted her nine times with requests on various social media sites, according to the report. Siekmann told police he had sent the requests to everyone on his telephone's directory.
• Ten Amedia cymbals in a black plastic case were stolen around 8 p.m. May 19 from a vendor at a drum show at the Kane County Fairgrounds, 525 S. Randall Road, police said.
• Joseph Hlatko, 51, of the 200 block of South Second Street, St. Charles, was charged with trespassing and resisting a peace officer at 9:15 a.m. May 19 at the Hotel Baker, 100 W. Main St., according to a police report. Hlatko told police he had locked his keys in his vehicle and entered the hotel, said he did not have to leave because he was Jesus Christ and this was the Second Coming, and that his roommate was evil and causing him pain through his thoughts. He called a police officer Satan, and was found to have a steak knife with at 6-inch blade in one of his pockets. He was released on his own recognizance.
A few hours later, Hlatko and Christopher S. Kuhn, 30, of the 1700 block of Covington Court, St. Charles, were charged with being intoxicated in the public way, at 12:48 a.m. May 19 in the 100 block of West Main Street, according to a police report. Hlatko and Kuhn had been drinking liquor alongside the Fox River when Hlatko threw Kuhn's eyeglasses in the river. The two decided to see what type of response they would get if they began fighting, but when no one noticed them by the river, moved the action to Main Street.
• A John Deere lawn tractor and two-wheel yard cart were stolen between 3 p.m. May 20 and 10 a.m. May 21 from the 45W300 block of Beith Road near Maple Park, according to a sheriff's report.
• A resident of the 0S900 block of East Mallory Drive near Geneva reported an identity theft at 11:29 a.m. May 22, according to a sheriff's report. The resident called an accountant to ask why a tax return of between $6,000 and $7,000 was taking so long to receive and learned someone else used the person's Social Security number to get the refund, the report said.
• A $75 bottle of cologne and $4 cash were stolen between 10 p.m. May 23 and 7:20 a.m. Friday from an unlocked 2012 Lincoln sport utility vehicle in the 39W0-99 block of Cliff Drive in Plato Township, according to a sheriff's report. An iPod Nano and $9 in cash and coins also were stolen during the same time frame from another vehicle on Cliff Drive.