• Vandals put three 6-inch scratches on the passenger's-side mirror and three 6-inch scratches on the hood of a 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse between 3:30 p.m. May 25 and 1 p.m. May 26 in an apartment lot on the 4200 block of North Bloomington Drive. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Vandals put a 2-inch scratch on the rear passenger's-side door of a 2011 Lexus ES350 between noon and 3 p.m. May 18 in a business lot at 1711 E. Campbell St.
• Vandals attempted to cut a padlock and chain securing the perimeter of a construction site on the 1100 block of North Belmont Avenue between 5 p.m. May 24 and 2 p.m. May 25.
• David L. Lamberti, 22, of the 20000 block of Clarice, Prairie View, was arrested around 5:25 a.m. May 26 on Kingsbridge and Heatherdown and charged with traffic violations and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Vandals damaged several mailboxes on Apple Hill, Chambourd and Madeira between May 18 and 25.
• Thieves stole several items between May 7 and 25 out of a home on the 1200 block of Green Knolls during a period where contractors were inside the home.
• Thieves stole a vehicle between May 21 and 22 out of a garage at a home on the 2000 block of Waterbury.
• Mustafe A. Ahmed, 22, of the 11400 block of Minnetonka Mills Road, Minnetonka, Minn., was arrested around 9 a.m. May 25 at Sam's Club in Addison and charged with retail theft, police said. Addison officers also found him in possession of a computer valued at $762 from the Des Plaines Sam's Club, 101 W. Oakton St., taken around 5:20 p.m. May 23, police said.
• Arnulfo Lechuga Jr., 23, of the 4100 block of Rowley Court, Streamwood, and Bryant R. Perez, 22, of the 1000 block of Ashton Court, Streamwood, were arrested around 7:20 p.m. May 24 in a business lot at 963 S. Elmhurst Road. Lechuga was charged with possession of marijuana and unlawful use of a weapon (brass knuckles) and his court date is June 26. Perez was charged with possession and delivery of marijuana and his court date is June 5.
• Scott E. Huske, 49, of the 15500 block of East Mustang Drive, Fountain Hills, Ariz., was arrested around 9:30 a.m. May 23 in the Extended Stay Hotel, 1201 E. Touhy Ave., and charged with possession of a controlled substance (GHB, anabolic steroid, and methamphetamine) and possession of drug paraphernalia (syringes).
• Thieves stole a blue 2003 Acura RSX Type S hatchback between 9 p.m. May 22 and 7:15 a.m. May 23 out of an apartment lot on the 1200 block of Harding.
• Vandals bent a corner of an aluminum overhead garage door at a home on the 200 block of Wildflower between 6:30 and 7:40 p.m. May 24. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• A thief stole an ATM adjacent to the entrance vestibule at Chase Bank, 1590 S. Lee St., around 11:50 p.m. May 22. A security information specialist on duty saw the thief take the machine and carry it away through the parking lot.
• A vandal in a blue four-door car shot BB-gun pellets that shattered the rear driver's-side window on a 1994 Chevrolet Astro van around 7:50 p.m. May 24 on the 1000 block of East Irwin Avenue. According to a witness, there were four people inside the blue vehicle.
• Thieves stole a red and black 2011 Yamaha RG sport bike between 8 a.m. May 22 and 2:30 a.m. May 26 out of a detached garage at a home on the 2400 block of Dale Street. The key was in the ignition.
• Thieves stole the catalytic converter from a 2005 Honda Element SUV in a hotel lot at 1450 E. Touhy Ave. between May 14 and 26. Value was estimated at $500.
• Burglars stole a wallet between 12:30 and 1:15 p.m. May 22 out of an unlocked 2011 Mercury Mariner SUV near an office in All Saints Cemetery, 700 N. River Road. Someone used a credit card from the wallet at a Mobil gas station in Des Plaines for an unknown amount and at a location in Maywood for $3,000.
Elk Grove Village
• Thieves stole several pieces of structural steel between 5:30 p.m. May 3 and 7 a.m. May 4 out of a lot at 1525 Chase Ave. Value was estimated at $5,000.
• Thieves stole a 2007 Mazda CX7 between May 14 and 22 out of a visitor lot at an apartment complex on the 900 block of Ridge Square. Value was estimated at $20,000.
• Angelica A. Kajderowicz, 25, of the 6500 block of North Normandy, Chicago, and Michael T. McMahon, 25, of the 6600 block of North Octavia, Chicago, were arrested around 5:55 p.m. May 17 and charged with retail theft. Their court date is June 13.
• Michael K. Grzywna, 21, of the 3500 block of North Normandy, Chicago, was arrested around 9:50 p.m. May 16 at Busse Road and Oakton Street and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is June 25.
• Robert S. Gifford, 30, of the 100 block of South Genesee Street, Waukegan, was arrested around 1 a.m. May 19 on the 2800 block of Touhy Avenue and charged with theft and possession of drug paraphernalia, and served with an out-of-state warrant. His court date is July 2.
• Vandals damaged a fence around 1:10 a.m. May 18 at a home on the 200 block of Wildwood Road. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Burglars stole sunglasses, iPod, ear buds and a cellphone charger out of an unlocked 2004 Dodge Ram truck between 7 p.m. May 18 and 8:30 a.m. May 19 on the 100 block of Inverness. Value was estimated at $500.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit and a bag with accessories out of an unlocked 2013 Kia Soul between 8 p.m. May 15 and 7 a.m. May 16 on the 1000 block of Busse Road. Value was estimated at $350.
• Burglars stole three drills and a corded saw out of a black bin in an unlocked 2001 Motion trailer between May 15 and 19 on the 200 block of Harmony Lane. Value was estimated at $500.
• Burglars broke into a 2010 Toyota Corolla between 6:35 and 7:51 p.m. May 22 on the 1100 block of East Devon Avenue and stole a gym bag. Loss was estimated at $800.
• Thieves stole copper tubing from two air conditioner units overnight May 16-17 at a business on the 500 block of Business Center Drive. Loss was estimated at $17,500.
• Burglars stole a floor edger with case and a cordless drill with case between 7:30 p.m. May 15 and 7:30 a.m. May 16 out of an unlocked 2006 Chevrolet van in a driveway on the 1100 block of West Pendleton. Value was estimated at $1,750.
• Sandhya R. Patel, 62, of the 1500 block of Pennsylvania Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 3:30 p.m. May 22 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with village ordinance retail theft after a security agent saw her hide two pairs of earrings valued at $120 in her pocket.
• Sagare T. Powell, 21, and Sheraine C. Duquesnay, 18, both of the 3700 block of 216th Place, Matteson, were arrested around 5:35 p.m. May 23 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft after security agents said they saw her taking two pairs of sunglasses, two 3-pack earring sets, two necklace and earring sets, a watch, girdle, and shorts, police said. Value was estimated at $266. Their court date is June 26.
• Vandals broke the driver's-side taillight on a 2002 Toyota Camry between 9 p.m. May 21 and 2 a.m. May 22 in a condominium lot on the 0-100 block of West Central Road. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Vandals punctured four tires on a 2004 BMW SUV between 8 p.m. May 17 and 6:30 a.m. May 18 in a driveway on the 500 block of Manawa Trail. Damage was estimated at $1,200.
• Thieves stole copper tubing between 7 p.m. May 17 and 10 a.m. May 18 from a construction site on the 1100 block of Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads. Value was estimated at $70.