Weather forces baseball, softball regional shuffle
Rainfall was the clear winner Wednesday as most of the baseball and softball playoff games involving Mid-Suburban League schools were postponed.
In the majority of cases, the schedules were simply moved back by a day, forcing Wednesday's regional semifinal games to Thursday, and the remaining semifinals originally scheduled for Thursday to Friday.
Saturday remains the day for regional championship play in all area regionals.
• In the Schaumburg regional, a game originally scheduled for Wednesday evening at Boomers Stadium, York vs. Willowbrook, has been moved to Thursday afternoon at Schaumburg High School.
• In the St. Viator regional, Buffalo Grove vs. Mundelein has been rescheduled for 4:30 p.m. Thursday, and Fremd vs. St. Viator has been rescheduled for 4:30 p.m. Friday.
• In the Bartlett regional, Hoffman Estates vs. Batavia has been rescheduled for 4:30 p.m. Thursday, and Bartlett vs. St. Charles North will be played at 4:30 p.m. Friday.
• In the Carmel regional, Wheeling is scheduled to meet Carmel at 4 p.m. Thursday, with Rolling Meadows to meet Stevenson at 4 p.m. Friday.
• In the Notre Dame regional, Elk Grove is scheduled to meet Maine East at 4:15 p.m. Thursday, with Lane Tech and Notre Dame to meet at 4 p.m. Friday.
• In Class 1A, Christian Liberty will meet Grant Park at 4:30 p.m. Thursday in sectional semifinal play at Granville-Putnam County. The other semifinal, between Granville and Holy Trinity, is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
All Class 4A contests originally scheduled for Wednesday, except for the Leyden regional semifinal played at the Ballpark in Rosemont (Resurrection edged Leyden 4-3) have been moved to Thursday, with 4:30 p.m. starts.
• At Buffalo Grove, the Bison host Loyola Academy.
• At Schaumburg, the Saxons host Elk Grove.
• At Maine West, St. Ignatius vs. Evanston.
• at New Trier, Palatine plays Rolling Meadows.
• In Class 3A, St. Edward meets Regina Dominican at St. Viator.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close