Rainfall was the clear winner Wednesday as most of the baseball and softball playoff games involving Mid-Suburban League schools were postponed.
In the majority of cases, the schedules were simply moved back by a day, forcing Wednesday's regional semifinal games to Thursday, and the remaining semifinals originally scheduled for Thursday to Friday.
Contact information ( * required )
Saturday remains the day for regional championship play in all area regionals.
• In the Schaumburg regional, a game originally scheduled for Wednesday evening at Boomers Stadium, York vs. Willowbrook, has been moved to Thursday afternoon at Schaumburg High School.
• In the St. Viator regional, Buffalo Grove vs. Mundelein has been rescheduled for 4:30 p.m. Thursday, and Fremd vs. St. Viator has been rescheduled for 4:30 p.m. Friday.
• In the Bartlett regional, Hoffman Estates vs. Batavia has been rescheduled for 4:30 p.m. Thursday, and Bartlett vs. St. Charles North will be played at 4:30 p.m. Friday.
• In the Carmel regional, Wheeling is scheduled to meet Carmel at 4 p.m. Thursday, with Rolling Meadows to meet Stevenson at 4 p.m. Friday.
• In the Notre Dame regional, Elk Grove is scheduled to meet Maine East at 4:15 p.m. Thursday, with Lane Tech and Notre Dame to meet at 4 p.m. Friday.
• In Class 1A, Christian Liberty will meet Grant Park at 4:30 p.m. Thursday in sectional semifinal play at Granville-Putnam County. The other semifinal, between Granville and Holy Trinity, is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
All Class 4A contests originally scheduled for Wednesday, except for the Leyden regional semifinal played at the Ballpark in Rosemont (Resurrection edged Leyden 4-3) have been moved to Thursday, with 4:30 p.m. starts.
• At Buffalo Grove, the Bison host Loyola Academy.
• At Schaumburg, the Saxons host Elk Grove.
• At Maine West, St. Ignatius vs. Evanston.
• at New Trier, Palatine plays Rolling Meadows.
• In Class 3A, St. Edward meets Regina Dominican at St. Viator.