• "Deadly Harvest" authors Michael Sears and Stanley Trollip (who write together under the pen name of Michael Stanley) discuss and signs copies of their book at 7 p.m. Friday, May 17, at Centuries and Sleuths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. (708) 771-7243 or centuriesandsleuths.com.
• Meet Chicago attorney and author Josh Schneider as he reads from and signs copies of his book "The Meanest Birthday Girl" at 11 a.m. Saturday, May 18, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. Schneider won the Theodor Seuss Geisel award in 2012 for his book "Tales for Very Picky Eaters." Cake will be served at the event, which is free and open to the public. (847) 446-8880 or visit thebookstall.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• Dale Kushner discusses and signs copies of her book "The Conditions of Love" at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 22, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• Meet author Edward McClelland as he reads from and signs copies of his new book, "Nothin' But Blue Skies: The Heydey, Hard Times and Hopes of America's Industrial Heartland," at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 22, at Anderson's Two Doors East, 111 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Rick Yancey reads from and signs copies of "The 5th Wave," his new science-fiction book for young adults, at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 22, at Andersons's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• CakeSpy.com blogger and author Jessie Oleson Moore discusses and signs copies of her book "The Secret Lives of Baked Goods" at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 23, at the Aspen Drive Library, 701 Aspen Drive, Vernon Hills. Books will be available for purchase at the event. To register, call (847) 362-2330 or visit webres.cooklib.org.